New Here and Need Some Advice, Thank You.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by CatPurrson, Mar 10, 2018.

1. CatPurrson

CatPurrson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello. I'm new here and need a little help. First, how do I mark the page so I can find my way back? How can I educate myself on Tinnitus? My condition started a number of years ago, as my hearing started to go slightly. I would get this white noise in my left ear. I went to an ENT and he told me to listen to the radio at night; by putting two stations on to filter out the noise. I didn't bother trying because it didn't seem so bad. When I didn't focus on it, it didn't seem bothersome. Fast forward, the "noise" has returned. It's annoying, as everyone must know about and hard to tune out. I need some advice. Also, my acupuncturist advised me that some medications, may have this as a side effect. I've been taking 800 mg. of Ibuprofen for pain and it lists a side effect- ringing in the ear. Thank you.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus @CatPurrson .
      Your anti-inflammatory will be causing your tinnitus and also due to the high dose.
      Maybe have a chat to your doctor if an alternative medication would be better for you as you could end up with it being permanent.
      Love glynis