New Here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by desert head, Nov 8, 2016.

1. desert head

desert head Member

Tinnitus Since:
      approx 15 year
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      aircraft mechanic/structures tech retire airforce
      I'M A RETIRED SERVICEMAN, 25 YEARS IN THE AIRFORCE HAS A AIRCRAFT STRUCTURES TECH.

FIRST NOTICED MY TINNITUS ABOUT 15 YEARS AGO. I BLAME IT ON THE AIR TOOLS AND MACHINE SHOP NOISE AND A POOR HEARING SAFETY PROGRAM.. MY TINNITUS NEVER REALLY STARTED TO MAKE AN IMPACK ON MY LIFE TILL I RETIRED AND START WORKING IN CIVY STREET AS AN STRUCTURES TECH.

THIS TIME I CAME WITH A VENGENCES I HAVE NIGHT WITH ONLY A COUPLE HOURS OF SLEEP, DIZZY SPELLS AND MY ONCE CALM NATURE AND PATIENCE HAS LEFT. I HAVE BECOME VERY MOODY WITH A SHORT FUSE AND DONT HAVE THE ABILITY TO MULTI TASK ANY MORE.

FINALY WHEN FOR HELP AND THAT IS WHERE I'M AT NOW GOT A BIT OF DIRECTION ON HOW TO TRY AND ACCEPT AND IGNORE THE RINGING BUT I THINK ITS GOING TO TAKE A WHILE.

ANY GOOD SUGESTIONS OUT THERE

2. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      First suggestion - lower case fonts
      Did you get a hearing test ? What's the damage ?

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      Try proclorperazine for the dizzyness or Cinnarazine .
      Try melatonin or natural aids for sleep or see your doctor for something stronger of sleep gets a problem as can make you low and impact on your days.
      Hearing test needs checking and counselling can help and medication if you get a lot of anxiety that's a little hard to deal with.
      The unwanted emotions will settle down as you adjust over time and find what your good and bad days are like and getting through them .

Sound therapy at night can help sleep and set natural sounds lower than your tinnitus so your brain will work hard to pick up the lower sound and push your tinnitus to the back ground.
      It works it's magic while you sleep as well has helping you get off to sleep.
      Free standing units or pillow speakers are best and not headphones or eearphones...lots of love glynis

• Winner Winner x 1
    4. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Desert Head,

Welcome aboard.

I would start out with the clinical route first. Go see your friendly local ENT and have them check your ears and give you a hearing test. Perhaps an MRI would also not be out of the question to rule out any underlying causes.

The next thing you should do is consult with an employment lawyer to see if any legal action is possible against your employer. Look for a lawyer who offers free consultation to save some money. Good luck!