New Member, New Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by matheusoc, Apr 25, 2017.

1. matheusoc

matheusoc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/23/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Concert
      Dear Folks

Last Sunday I went to a KORN Concert and my ears are still with noise. It is slowly vanishing as time pass, but I never had this for so long (2 days and counting)

I stayed on the left side of the stage, not so close to the speakers (about 30ft/10m) and my left ear was the most punished, and at the first day it noise was so loud that I didn't notice my right ear had tinnitus too.

Today I only notice a high pitch noise when in a silent room, so I think mine will pass completely, but I read some posts on this forum and people that suffered a temporary T and happened to acquire a permanent T after another big stress.

My question here is what precautions I have to make (should I still use earphones?), and if there is some tips to make it go away faster.

Sorry about my bad English.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @matheusoc ,
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      Make sure you use noise reduction plugs around really loud music but as your ears are telling you they don't like it and causing tinnitus you would be putting your ears in more danger and even with plugs sound can pass through your mastoid bone behind you ear.
      I would not use earphones for now but at ant time the volume must be kept on its lowest setting to help protect your ears.

Love glynis

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Glynis has given you great advice. Trying to relax and to stay positive while protecting yourself will help your situation. Stress and anxiety can trigger & aggravate T, so does continued exposure to loud noise (even with earphones) while your ears are so unstable. Getting good REM sleep and rest will also help, as sleep deprivation is a sure way to fire up T. Since your T is from acoustic trauma (loud noise exposure) and being so new, you may want to get some prednisone from your doctor as this is often recommended by members here for new T due to noise exposure.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      matheusoc

matheusoc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/23/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Concert

Thank you for the advice

I still have a considerable noise, but only at night when everything is more quiet i can notice it andthen it became "high". I don't feel the "stuffed ear" anymore, but I cannot tell for sure if my t is fading (3º day today)

My sleep was horrible in the past days, but today I think I can do better today

It looks like to me that headphones are preferable than earphones, am I right?

about medication, I'll try to see a doctor for now, but is rare to find one that does undersdand some about tinnitus

About "normal city noise", can it agravate it ? because I still working (at a bank) and now I realize how noise our ambient is

5. alyssalee97
      Badass

alyssalee97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I would stay away from headphones. I had a similar situation as you, went to a concert and my ears were ringing after. Though mine went away for after about a week and half. Almost six months later, my tinnitus returned after listening to headphones loud. Now it's been almost 2 months with T, so who knows. I might have a permanent buddy. Learn from my mistake. <3

• Like Like x 1
    6. Wojtek Kalka
      Badass

Wojtek Kalka Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very loud concert.
      I am listening to moderate and low level ear phones all my life never influenced my tinnitus, doubt it ever will, except react to the noises coming in you ear in a bad way. If your tinnitus is vew new you can try a Prednisolon therapy it is not a cure but it helped some people. But yes try to have as much silence as possible atm which is the best cure for a while, not real silence like nature sounds etc ..

Get musicians ear plugs and wear them for a while, less noise will never ever harm you.

Your tinnitus may stay or pass, I really wish the second for you, but there is nearly NOTHING that can influence that, which has a more then 50% random outcome .. worse or better in some cases.

Prednisolon/Cortisone can hit you hard too ... it temporary spiked mine up to 9/10 from 6-7 which is very hard to bear even for a two days .. I still follow through the whole procedure.

Apart from that .. massage, relax, ear plugs, is the best ... and you can listen to your favorite music all day .. at a low level, at least with ear plugs, you are protected from accidental loud noises.

Just in my case most loud noises never did me anything, like in a city, cars, motorcycle, alarms ..etc .. only concerts and music did hurt...

Welcome to Tinnitustalk.

Hugs from Delhi
      Wojtek

• Like Like x 1
    7. Mr Bill

Mr Bill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hereditary maybe
      I have a feeling mine started at an AC/DC concert. But more than likely hereditary. Been dealing with a constant ringing about 10 years. Always take ear plugs now whenever I go to concerts or loud bars.

• Like Like x 1