Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Wool, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Wool

Wool Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Hi all my name is Dan and I've had pretty severe tin for about 3 years. It all started one evening after a loud day at work running a air hammer.

My tin has been very frustrating, it starts in the morning in both ears then usually settles in left or right ear for the remainder of the day. It is usually a left day and then a right ear day,, every other type thing. Sometimes it will remain in both ears for the day. Once in a great while I will have basically NO tin. in either ear but it is rare.

After about a year and a half of getting T I developed a hum in my right ear that was bad at first every bump in the road while driving would make a bounding responce in my right ear. The hum has slightly decreased and the bounding has went away after about 7 months now.

I take .5 of clonazepam in the morning and .5 at night, it has helped with the anziety I have from the T. Maskers of a loud fan is not enough to hide my T. The only thing that hide the T is sleep of the shower. When I gett out of the shower though the T is louder.

Frustrating stuff here folks,, also I can get pain in my right ear at end of day. I have had shoulder surgery and take OXY and clonazepam which makes things a little more tolerable.

Regards
      Dan

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      A warm welcome to the forum @Wool,
      Have you any hearing loss at all or offerd white noise generators or hearing aids ?...lots of love glynis

3. Janaxx

Janaxx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music (attended concert & had seat next to speakers)
      Sorry if this sounds irritable but surely administrators,senior members etc should reply to every new person. I've just looked at the stats for the amount of replies to new members,compared to the amount of people joining and viewing and it's not encouraging. I posted on this forum on impulse so on reflection I wish you all well and I will carry on doing as I do,which is accepting my tinnitus as part of me and enjoy my life to the full regardless! On a more sympathetic note,I'd like to add I sincerely hope there will be a cure one day but until then stay strong and try to accept the fact that troublesome as it is you can adjust to it. I know I have.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Wool

Wool Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Thank's folk's,, glynis I have prey bad high frequency hearing loss. I had tubes maybe 3 times as a child and a few ear infections as a youngster. I have some hearing aides that I got after the onset of T but,, I can't stand LOUD anymore,, they just seem to irritate my ear's more. You can't turn them down, I guess they are digital or something. No white noise masker offered either. I've had cat scan, went to neurologist and ENT several time's with no avail.

janaxx thanks for the kind word's,, I am also learning to adjust and accept the T.

Mine is not like a single tone, it is a minged twinged aray of symphonic strains of fairly high freq.
      It's just so strange that maybe once or twice a month I will have no noise at the ear's,, except the faint hum in right ear.

Regards
      Dan