New Noises... I Feel Crazy

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sofie C, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Sofie C

Sofie C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      26/1/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluid
      Hi all,

This may be a bit all over the place as I can barely describe it myself when speaking to people.

About a week and a half ago I was sleeping with the video I've used since this started (thunder and waves it worked an absolute charm) in the middle of the night I noticed that there was a weird noise coming whenever the waves crashed down. It was like a spinning metal wheel. I fixated on it and when I got up the next working I noticed the fan I use also had a weird high pitches noise. Again, fixated on it. Anxiety had started and it was serious. I went to work and everything seemed to have this same sound. I ended up quiet distressed and left work early.
      Went to the GP.. cried my eyes out blah blah blah the usual. She gave me a nasel spray and phengren (I know this has tinnitus side effects but I'm sure this isn't what's causing this as it started before)
      The phenegren helps me sleep.
      But now it's like my anxiety around this is making t worse. Cars have a weird tone to them, fans, washing machine, cooker, dryer. They all have 3 other tones to them. One is a metal wheel.. one is a high pitches.. and one is what I can only describe as a house alarm.

Now.. what makes me think this is anxiety kidded with something is. Last night I had a really good day. I was bothered but didn't let it affect my mood. Went outside for a few minutes and there was a house alarm going off in the distance. Went back inside and it's all I heard because I was thinking about it. Constantly over and over and over this house alarm sound was happening. I eventually just went to sleep. Woke up and the house alarm isn't there but the other metal wheel and high pitched is. It makes going outside like a sensory overload and I can't concentrate.

Also. I've had tinnitus itself for like 8 weeks now. Since this all happened the tinnitus itself isn't bothersome. I'd actually prefer it over this. Last night my ears were ringing but it didn't bother me at all.

Has anyone else experienced this or know what it is? I was convinced for awhile it was dysacusis but sounds that aren't machine don't bother me.. I can listen to music perfectly with no trouble and the same with the tv.

I'm completely at a loss. I really need help :(

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. New Guy
      Doh

New Guy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      I'm 4 weeks in and still trying to figure out what the heck is going on. Hope things get better for you.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      For now it is best to keep calm with relaxing music on around you and try not focus on your sounds.
      Tinnitus can change sound and add sound but it should settle back to your base sound .
      Keep us updated how your getting on.
      Love glynis

4. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      That's a great question. I'm not sure I know the answer. One thing you could try for anxiety though is doing some cardio exercises for a while. That should help calm you down afterwards and you can see if that helps.