New Sound When I Talk

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ben In SD, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Ben In SD
      Balanced

Ben In SD Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Natural Hearing Loss
      So, I've had tinnitus for a little over a month now and I've been doing better each and every day. However, this evening I'm noticing that a new sound appears when I talk.

It doesn't happen when other people talk, but only when I speak. It sounds like a high pitched buzz that only happens when I start talking....and it only happens in my right ear.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

Thanks in advance for your replies. Really appreciate it.

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I only had a "whoosh" sound that I would hear every time I would stop talking. That was TTTS. It ended several months ago.

You've only had this latest sound for less than a day. With T, you should really have it for more than a couple of weeks before you should start worrying about it. Hopefully what you are experiencing is just something that happened because your brain is struggling to get you back to silence, and hopefully your brain will keep readjusting and soon this sound will be over for good.

I am happy to hear that (not counting this new sound) you have been getting better. It is a very encouraging sign.

3. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ben In SD
      Balanced

Ben In SD Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Natural Hearing Loss
      Thanks guys for the info. It has seemed to decrease quite a bit today, so I'm thinking it has to do with stress and anxiety. I've been on a rollercoaster the past month, so I'm sure my brain is just trying to get me back to "normal". Thanks again.

• Like Like x 1