New Sounds

Discussion in 'Support' started by valeri, Nov 13, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Team Awareness

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      As if the horrible drone in my right ear is not bad enough, now I have hissing from both ears and whistle noise from my left ear.
      I'm seriously done with this crap!
      DONE!

I just wonder how much longer, how much more I can take:(

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. aylp
      Depressed

aylp Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      @valeri

You are not alone pal... I can hear and identify 4 different tinnitus in my ear.. Hissing, raining, crunching, and one that I cannot really name (jigsaw on metal maybe?)

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Yeah I've got lots as well...I have a new noise in my right ear that is like a bunch of car horns honking that keeps creeping up louder and louder over the last few months. It's scary, you wonder how bad it can get. Last night I had to picture myself in a traffic jam to mellow my reaction while trying to fall asleep.

• Hug Hug x 3
    4. dan
      Chatty

dan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Have you given Trobalt a thought ?

5. valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      @dan

My gp doesn't even think I have tinnitus, so imagine what I'm dealing with!

Trobalt is just out of reach for me!

6. dan
      Chatty

dan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      You can go to Spain and buy it there - as I understand no Rx required in a lot of pharmacies (under the table).

7. valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      @dan

Traveling to Spain from Australia would be an expensive dose of trobalt:(

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Hi Val sorry to hear your not doing good ,your dr ,what planet he living on ????? Change dr no one thing I'd be doing ,right plonker of a bloke by sounds of it .
      We all get these different noise changes ,I'm with Telis it's scary ,as you get it out of nowhere.thats why it makes you jumpy .i sometimes get it just by turning my head .Why a b.......y mystery .
      As we say there's Tinnitus ,then there's Tinnitus ,little wonder then we never settle with ours .Impossible for some of us ,I've tried ,goodness knows I've tried .So not alone Val .
      Let's know how you are tomorrow .xxxx

9. valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      @Marlene

Thank you for your support!
      I have never habituated the drone noise, I doubt anyone can, it's pure awful!!!
      But now this new development?
      How am I to stay positive when there's so many loops to jump through?
      It certainly is the most depressing condition ever!

10. dan
      Chatty

dan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      I guess you have weigh your suffering VS $$$

11. valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      @dan

I would sell my house to get cured but, as you know, trobalt may not be the answer I need.
      Still very experimental with lot of side effects:(
      Have you managed to get some?

12. dan
      Chatty

dan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      OK

13. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Hi all ,hope your day is better Val ,rough getting through it ,thinking of you out in Aussie .
      I woke up to this low T ,so another pits of a day ,I loathe this T ,it just go inwards in both ears ,over the head ,this type of day makes me jumpy ,plus got neck ache so bad ,think it's all linked up ,plus makes my balance feels well off.
      Always can't understand ,when high ,I can with luck get it to drop ,but when low ,no way in hell can I raise it ,to a level I just scrape by ,do most days scrape by as to different noises I get .but why different noises ? That I definatley can't fathom .Always glad to get these days go by fast ,and for bedtime ,hope next day ,to be a day I can cope with it .
      I know others having it equally as bad ,not a day passes by my thoughts don't go straight to you T sufferers out there.the ones having a bad T day and anxiety ,depression and having to get up and do full days work .
      Thinking of you all ,and a big hug to everyone out there .From me to you .
      Let's know how your doing Val today. Hope it's not a working day .xx

14. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      Same for me. Had 3 out of 4 days where my T was a little bit quieter. Still audible clearly, but not so intrusive.
      Today, loud T (my standard) again, multiple tones, oscillating.
      I would not only sell my house for a cure, but would give a fortune in addition.

15. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Every month I seem to get new tinnitus sounds. Started with varying high pitched tones in the left ear, then loud generator hum in right ear. Then clicking in left ear due probably to stapedius muscle twitching, then thudding in left ear due to tensor tympani muscle twitching, then tensor tympani in right ear twitches. When this little lot stresses me too much the hum takes on a pulsatile quality. It is a sick joke. It is as if a malevolent being is thinking up new ways to torture me all the time.

16. dudeguywithstuff

dudeguywithstuff Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      anxiety
      So long as you realize that this malevolent being is....

YOU.

• Friendly Friendly x 1