New Sufferer

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nerus, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Nerus

Nerus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Hi everyone, as the title says, I am a new sufferer of Tinnitus... I went to a single two hour concert at my university and now it seems like I have it forever. I'm really struggling with not blaming myself. My T has improved since the concert (9/2016) but I still struggle. Especially being a freshman with other things to worry about. It seems to flair up in the evenings and what seems to be completely gone in the morning. I do not know why but it is frustrating. I have been taking Lipo-Flavonoid and I am unaware if my ears have naturally healed or if it is the meds. I am scared to stop taking them because what if my Tinnitus gets worse? I'm just looking for a place to vent. Thanks everyone

2. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      Your in 9th grade? I'm in 8th, don't worry, it gets better

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nerus

Nerus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      No a freshman in college

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      The louder T at evening may have to do with tiredness and sleepiness. These two can surely aggravate T, especially the latter. It may also have to do with less distractions being home and the brain tends to zoom in on T (for people with new T anyway). The other thing is that when in closed space, such as a room or in the car, T seems to be more noticeable. I notice that myself. When I stay outside to do gardening or fishing in a river, my T, even on loud days, doesn't come into my consciousness easily. But once done with things and starting driving or resting in my room, T becomes much more noticeable. I guess that is quite a normal thing. By the way, have you tried masking your T?

5. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Nerus,

Your outcome could be placebo-based or indeed you are cured.

You may consider paying a visit to your friendly neighborhood ENT so he or she can check your ears and sinus cavity just so you have some piece of mind.