New Tinnitus Sound After CT with Contrast

Discussion in 'Support' started by valeri, May 17, 2019.

1. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      So... another 11 hour visit to Australian public hospital emergency while I’m waiting for gynaecology appointment (can’t rush these things)!!!

I had CT scan with contrast and immediately after I noticed whooshing sound in my right ear, but only few pulses.

Last night in bed it was full on, like kids jumping on a squeaky mattress, rhythmical and audible.

Is this related to CT scan and has anyone else had this?

Thanks!

2. Liam_Cairns

Liam_Cairns Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Originally loud Music and was worsened by Micro-suction
      It seems like a few people have reported tinnitus from that contrast on this forum, but that is basically all I have really found when in regards to it. Has it come down in volume at all since last night?

3. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @valeri
      1. Have you taken any antibiotics in the last 2-12 weeks? (erythromycin, polymyxin B, neomycin and vancomycin), chemotherapeutic agent, diuretics (furosemide, bumetanide and ethacrynic acid), antimalarial drug (Quinine), anti depressant drugs and NSAIDs (Aspirin) generates or worsen the condition of pulsatile tinnitus. Withdrawal of drugs reverses the condition.

2. If you have an underactive thyroid and had iodine contrast with CT, then you could get whooshing - PT, but with only having one CT, the whooshing should also settle down. Whooshing usually does not develop until two weeks after procedure.

3. Iodine allery - Are you itchy?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Hi Greg,

1. I’ve been on Mirtazapine since September 2018

2. I’m not sure what contrast it was, I know I had to sign a consent form and when it was released I felt warmth throughout my body, it made me feel as if I peed myself, I was warned it will feel like that

3. No itchiness

I heard the whooshing last night again but not as bad as fiat night. Hopefully it settles down.

5. shasta0863

shasta0863 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Did this finally resolve?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      It’s better, thank you. Not as prominent and frequent... I hear it only occasionally. Wish my low hum would do that too :(