New Tinnitus Sound, Driving Me Insane

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by edward544, Jan 29, 2018.

1. edward544

edward544 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, I'm Edward and I've just joined due to a new sequence developing in my left ear. I was fortunate enough to have only mild tinnitus for most of my life, but this new sound is literally painful.

I think the 1st sound can be described as crickets or pressure inside my head, this is the first tinnitus I've developed around 10 years ago, and it's only heard when I'm in a silent room.

The second sound was developed 2-3 years ago can be described as a 2k-4k Hz beep sound that is only heard in a silent room, it's clearly heard in my left ear.

The third sound I developed around a year ago which is pulsatile tinnitus only in my left ear. This can only be heard when my heart is racing and my head is on a pillow.

This new sound I've developed around a week ago, and it's been driving me nuts. I can constantly hear it, and it's like 14k-15k Hz crickets that can be heard at the left side of my head. Sound doesn't help as the ringing kind of plays over it, it's almost painful, and almost feels physical, as if scratching nails on a chalkboard, it's very irritating.

Does anyone have a similar sound to this, could it be TMJ caused? I have popping in my jaws since forever and pain in temples when eating hard food. I'm just so frustrated it's hard to hear people with this hissing over them.

2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I feel your pain. My tinnitus is super loud and it covers a great amount of my hearing. I am more bothered with the hearing loss than the actual loudness. It's a tough road, we just have to stay strong and move forward.

Be well.....

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      It can be TMJ or TTTS plus other reasons.
      There are many causes, single or combined, which can trigger or aggravate tinnitus including but not limited to drug side-effects from ototoxic drugs, ear wax build-up, ear-wax removal suction, inner ear infection, Eustachian tube disorder or ETD, ear drum injury, fluid build-up in ears feeling pressured or fullness, sinus infection & congestion especially with a bad cold, TMJ, TTTS, autoimmune disorders such as Lyme Disease & Fibromyalgia, high blood pressure or blood circulation problem, anemia, loud noise exposure or acoustic trauma/shock, head injury or TBI, neck injury or muscle problems, hearing loss from aging or other causes, Meniere's Decease, barotrauma from rapid pressure changes in flights or diving, especially with congested nose or sinus causing failure to balance the pressure changes, slapping of the ears, deep grief, untreated sleep apnea, extreme/extended stress, anxiety & panic disorder, depression, sleep deprivation, etc. T can also be caused or made worse by unhealthy diet such as too much salt, sugar, caffeine, MSG, alcohol etc.

You may want to mask your T. For high pitch T, this video works for many. It is cicadas plus some ACRN tones. Turn the volume low first to try if it works for you.
      MOST POWERFUL TINNITUS SOUND THERAPY 1...