New Tinnitus Sufferer 2 Weeks

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SteveJ, Aug 17, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. SteveJ

SteveJ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I was lifting a heavy load and I felt something pop in my head. I got vertigo that day. The therapist treated me and the vertigo stopped.
      A week later I go T.
      My T is an extremely high pitch sound in my left ear. It's been ringing for 2 weeks. It's very hard to concentrate. I am trying to stay positive. My ENT Dr. did a MRI and I am meeting with him on Friday. I just recently had my shoulder replaced and have been on pain meds. I also have been taking Ambien for 10 years. I'm 61 years old and tired.
      My therapist has treated me for TMJ yesterday and today. It seems like it got worse.
      Thanks for reading.

2. Jimmie 76i

Jimmie 76i Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/22/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey Steve, I am struggling with my recent onset as well. I am 39 and having a difficult time with it. Benadryl seemed to help for a bit, but lately its been bad. I have sinus issues and my doc recently gave me Ambien. It made me feel like a zombie. I'm kind of at a low point... I hope yours gets better

• Like Like x 1
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Welcome to the forum. I also have ultra high pitch T plus severe hyperacusis. But the H faded over time. I find that initially it is best to mask the high pitch T as it is really quite intrusive and alien to the senses. So try masking asap. If you haven't done so, here are some suggestions:

1) Mask at bed time so you can sleep better. Find whatever sounds/music that are soothing to you. You can use a sound machine or sound pillow for this, or a computer with speakers.

2) If you need masking on the go, try load an ipod with nature sounds or music using itune. If you have a smart phone, you can download free APPs for soothing or T-masking sounds.

3) If you have computer and speakers, you can try these excellent masking sounds too:

TT's audio player: http://www.tinnitustalk.com/audioplayer/

or this online sound library, particularly the self-mix nature sounds: http://mynoise.net/

or download free sound generator ‘aire freshener’: http://www.peterhirschberg.com/mysoftware.html

or search youtube with words like 'tinnitus masking sounds', 'white noise', 'rain sound' etc.

• Like Like x 1
    4. SteveJ

SteveJ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks for the response Jimmie,
      Sorry to here you have T. I went to Costco today and was fit for a left side hearing aid. It's where I have my T. I already have a right side.
      The aids do help mask the high pitch sound some. I can
      definitely , here things better also.
      Costco has good deals on Hearing aids . Around $1295. w/3 year warranty.
      Try and keep your blood pressure low. I found the closer I am to 120/70, the lower my sound is.
      I hope your T gets better.

5. Dominic1955
      Depressed

Dominic1955 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic hearing loss
      @SteveJ do you also have hearing loss?
      Dom

6. SteveJ

SteveJ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes, I have hearing loss in both ears. Left is the worst.
      I hope you get some good relief.