New to Forum but Not Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by judeep, Mar 29, 2018.

1. judeep

judeep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphones I think
      Hello

I haven't actually been diagnosed with tinnitus but 3 years ago I developed a ringing/whoosh in my ears which has pregressivly got worse. I can trace it back to starting to use headphones in bed to avoid disturbing my partner although at the same time I also accidentally overdosed on lithium so I'm not sure if it could be that?. It is particularly bad in my left ear and is now really starting to get me down. The only respite I get is continuing using headphones for the TV, music etc or having a fan on at night no matter the weather (although that is not as effective as it was anymore). I don't think I have any hearing loss. I can follow a conversation in a crowded room.

I saw my GP 2 years ago. They looks in both ears, told me there was no wax and sent me on my way. I've looked online and am not expecting a cure but should I go back to my GP and perhaps ask for a referral to ENT if only to get a definite diagnosis?

Any advice would be most gratefully received.

Thank you

Jude

2. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      You can go directly to an ENT without reference from your GP. I would do that if to avoid the extra "hop".