New to Forum, Eye Strain with Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by james1973, Aug 21, 2016.

1. james1973

james1973 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2013?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Hi all, I thought I'd join Tinnitus Talk to see if anyone suffers from the same thing as me.

I'm getting tinnitus more and more, and the worse the tinnitus is, the more it seems to affect my eyes. They feel tired and strained. The worse the tinnitus, the worse it is for my eyes. The milder the tinnitus, the better the eyes feel.

I hope I explained myself fairly clearly. Anyone else have similar issues?

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum @james1973. I have not heard that eye strain can cause tinnitus. Perhaps others can comment on that. But it is common that anxiety can cause eye pain or eye pressure. It is a symptom of acute anxiety. Perhaps your tinnitus is causing you a lot of stress and anxiety, which then can cause eye pain or pressure. Here is an article talking about this. Take good care. God bless.

• Informative Informative x 1
    3. Sen
      Caffeine

Sen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dunno
      My tinnitus sometimes changes in volume temporarily when I move my eyeballs around.

I've been having issues with blurriness, dimness and ghosting lately too.

4. Pat109

Pat109 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi James,

I hope this message reaches you well.

I have been experiencing identical symptoms and stumbled upon your post when trying to research the issue. Did you happen to reach a diagnosis or figure out what is causing your tinnitus and eye strain? Or what helps relieve the symptoms? My doctor also told me that the symptoms are not likely related so looking for an information you may have found.

Really looking forward to your response.

5. Benjaminbb

Benjaminbb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely long term noise exposure, combined w pandemic stress
    6. S2000gtx

S2000gtx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 22,2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I too have this issue. I rarely wore glasses before tinnitus. After my tinnitus onset, my eyes were killing me. I decided to put on my glasses and my eye strain immediately felt better. I’m now wearing glasses full time.

There is definitely a correlation between eye strain and tinnitus.