New to Forum, Eye Strain with Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by james1973, Aug 21, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. james1973

james1973 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2013?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Hi all, thought i'd join this site, see if anyone suffers from the same thing as me. I'm getting tinnitus more and more, and the worse it is the more it seems to affect my eyes, they feel tired and strained, the worse the tinnitus the worse it is for my eyes, the milder the tinnitus, eyes feel much better. In turn when i do anything that makes the eyes work like using the computer or driving, then the worse the tinnitus and the worse my eyes feel. Hope thats explained fairly clearly, anyone else have similar issues?

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Welcome to the forum @james1973. I have not heard that eye strain can cause tinnitus. Perhaps others can comment on that. But it is common that anxiety can cause eye pain or eye pressure. It is a symptom of acute anxiety. Perhaps your T is causing you a lot of stress and anxiety, which then can cause eye pain or pressure. Here is an article talking about this. Take good care. God bless.
      http://www.calmclinic.com/anxiety/symptoms/eye-pain

3. Sen
      Caffeine

Sen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October, 2012.
      My tinnitus sometimes changes in volume temporarily when I move my eyeballs around.

I've been having issues with blurriness, dimness and ghosting lately too.

4. james1973

james1973 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2013?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      im not sure if it feels like the eye strain causes the tinnitus or the other way round, but generally when the tinnitus isnt so bad the eyes are better. My doctor told me eyes and tinnitus cannot be related but something seems to be going but i was pretty much dismissed by the gp