Tinnitus from Head Injury (Multiple Skull Fractures): It's Gotten Worse Over the Years — I Need Help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Russell Schenck, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Russell Schenck

Russell Schenck Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head injury - Multiple Skull Fractures
      I am new to the forum and came on because over the past couple years the tinnitus has increasingly gotten worse. The buzzing is so bad, I lose train of thought and need outside noise to deal with the constant buzzing.

In 1998, I was playing Rugby on a club side for USA Rugby. Unfortunately during a tournament I was horribly injured. I fractured my skull in multiple places, broken jaw, burst right ear drum and tore my spinal sack. Needless to say it was a long recovery. I lost hearing in my right ear and noticed the buzzing in both ears.

Over the years it has never been an issue and I just dealt with the buzzing. I am now 52 years old and the constant buzzing has increasingly became louder and louder. I am at the point now where I need some type of noise like music to keep it from driving me crazy.

Hoping someone may have some suggestions on helping this unfortunate situation.

Thank you!!

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. LilSass
      Loved

LilSass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely ototoxic medication
      Hi @Russell Schenck! Have you ever tried seeing upper cervical chiropractor? Sometimes a head injury can cause a subluxation of the atlas vertebrae and can cause tinnitus. Good luck!

• Useful Useful x 1