New to the Forum. 15-Year-Old with Loud Tinnitus.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Professor x, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Professor x

Professor x Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/10/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphone usage
      Hi everyone, sorry my grammar might not be great I'm not that good at it.

About two months ago I was listening to my headphones at a normal level when all of a sudden I heard a light ringing in my ear. At first it was super loud but then it immediately went down. Prior to this, I noticed i was having to turn up the volume on YouTube videos in order to hear better but I didn't pay much attention to it.

Anyways at first the ringing wasn't bad and after a few days I forgot about it and just went on with life. The problem was I never got earplugs and never took care of my ears which lead to waking up with a really loud ringing three days ago. I explained it to my parents and the next day they took me to a regular doctor.

The doctors diagnosed it as allergies and gave me a nose spray which hasn't helped at all I tried telling my parents. but they keep telling me the nose spray will help even though I know it's not allergies that's causing this.

I don't know what to do honestly I need some help. On a scale of 1-10 it's about a 7. Only the shower can mask it.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Is your hearing Still not as good as it once was? You might be experiencing sudden deafness (in which case you need to take Prednisone as soon as you can)
      http://www.masseyeandear.org/for-pa...ation/diseases-and-conditions/sudden-deafness

Chances are that your tinnitus will eventually fade.
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...eone-else-who-has-tinnitus.26850/#post-307822

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Professor x

Professor x Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/10/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphone usage
      I can hear pretty well just not as good as good as I used to. I haven't gotten a hearing test yet. Should I visit an ent Or an audiologist?

4. John Doe

John Doe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      elektronik musik
      You could go get your hearing tested. They can't and won't do crap about your tinnitus, but if you have insurance to cover for your visit then why not.

5. Nathan
      No Mood

Nathan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music, Concert, Bad Luck
      How loud was your normal? I’m 16 years old, and I usually listened at 10-11 bars max on an IPhone with my earbuds, and 8-9 bars max with my wireless beats. You should go see an ENT and/or an audiologist and get your hearing checked, as you might have some hearing loss. I would lay off headphones for awhile, and if you decide to use them again, take it easy and only use them at low volume, and precede with caution . Introduce them slowly, maybe 1 or 2 songs every week or so at first, and slowly increase exposure over time. If you notice your T getting louder or if your ear feels full after headphone usage, stop using them. There have been reports of people getting nasty spikes after headphone usage, even at low levels.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    6. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      there may be a cure hitting the market within the next few years. it's called fx-322. look it up. oh, and, welcome to tinnitustalk.com

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Professor x

Professor x Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/10/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphone usage
      I usually listened to music at about 50% for 1-2 hours a day. I notice it a lot in my head too. Especially when I try to mask it. Is this normal?

8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Read the article that I linked to. According to that article, the longer you wait before you get steroids, the less likely you are to get better.

9. TuneOut

TuneOut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Worsened 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Or there may not be. The most prudent thing is to protect your ears so it doesn't get even worse.

10. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      That is not a good advice. Earphones/Earbuds should not be worn by anyone regardless of whether they have T or not.