New to the Forum but Not New to Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JimB1122, Apr 28, 2017.

1. JimB1122

JimB1122 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've had T for about 3 or 4 years now and the onset was sudden, like turning on a light switch. It's never gone away and seems worse when I'm fatigued. It sounds like 10,000 crickets on a warm summer night.

Lately, I've had some slight dizziness, or motion sickness when driving. On one occasion. I lost my balance when standing.

Wondering if I might have Menieres? Any thoughts?

2. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Jim,

Welcome to the site!

If you have yet to do so, your first plan of attack should be to go to your family doctor and get a physical as well as a script for some blood work done. The second step should be to see your ENT!

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @JimB1122 ,
      You need to see ENT to get checked out.
      Tinnitus can cause dizziness but inner ear problems could be the cause too!

Love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JimB1122

JimB1122 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks glynis... That's what I intend to do! Until then, I'm curious whether dramamine might help?

5. Pretzel Boy

Pretzel Boy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mieners Disease
      Jim, I have Meniere's disease - if dizzy spells get really bad - actually its a Vertigo attack. You have to look into getting a Gentamycin injection.. I had it done at U of Penn 7 years ago - never had another spell - it destroys your balance nerve on the bad side and ruins your hearing in that ear but my hearing in that ear was already useless so it was a no brainer..