New to the Group! Hi All...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by vivaro, Jul 9, 2015.

1. vivaro

vivaro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music or throat infection
      Hello All,

Was a pleasant weekend until sunday morning when I woke up with this buzz in my right ear, not too loud but persistent through the whole day, at night I was able to sleep but the next morning it was still there and the same level. So I decided to get it checked out and booked an appointment with an for monday evening(6th July).

I went in and told him what I was experiencing was a low buzz(electric kind) in my right ear. He asked of my history and determined it could be due to an infection since I had a sore throat a week back or the loud music on headphones I had been listening to.
      He also examined my ear and said there was no wax nor any infection and the ear drum looked alright.
      The only thing he did notice was a slight redness near the outer ear. I asked him to do an audio test(the one which check the pressure and the other which checks for hearing loss) which he did and I came out clean for both of them.
      Was prescribed an ear spray Otomize(Contains Acetic Acid Glacial/Dexamethasone/Neomycin Sulphate) to be used 2 times daily for 7 days. Used it the first night and went off to bed.
      Woke up the next morning and the buzz was still there and I know the spray wont make the tinnitus go away, and went to work. that night used the spray again(3rd time) and went to bed, but couldnt sleep as I could hear another buzz which was more like in my head along with the first buzz and this new sound did not let me sleep too well.
      So I think the spray might have caused it and I have stopped using it since, but both the buzzes are still there.
      I can hear the first sound only in a quiet environment or when I close my right ear and the second buzz I can hear sometimes, other times its not there. However, in quiet environments its still there.

And this morning, I wanted to see if I can safely listen to music after doing all the research I could on tinnitus, and turned on Pink Floyds - Wish you were here on the headphones on a very low volume level(2 out of 10) and as that song start playing in your right ear first I thought it would be a good test of my hearing. I couldnt hear anything so I bumped up the volume to 3/10 and sure enough I could hear it.
      I switched the headphones around and brought the volume down to 2 again to see if the same happened with my left ear which would mean the volume of 2/10 was too low anyways, restarted the song, but I could hear the song faintly.

Does this mean I have developed a hearing loss? Does the spray have anything to do with this?
      I have not tried any other medications besides that, though I have bought some ginkgo biloba, magnesium and zinc tabs but not started them yet. The only thing I do to mask the sound is listen to some masking sounds and those helped last night as well and I was able to sleep fine even after waking up a couple of times in the night.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to get it out and put it out there to see what are your thoughts.

Thanks for reading this far. :)

Cheers,
      Vivek

2. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I think the loud music u listen to caused that buzz , it's good U don't have hearing loss , but try to keep the volume down hopefully you're t will subside with time DONT PLAY anymore loud music let youre ears heal

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      vivaro

vivaro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for the reply @uae96
      I am staying away from music. The only thing on my headphones is the nature sounds for masking and they help.
      Just wanted to share my story and see if anyone has any suggestions on the ear spray as one of the ingredients of the spray(neomycin) has a side effect of tinnitus(weird!!)

4. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Don't use any ear spray , u could cause an infection from it , check you're blood if u have any defincies - magnesium - zinc - vitamin b12

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      vivaro

vivaro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, I have already stopped the ear spray, and I am thinking of visiting the doc again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Good luck !

7. serena11

serena11 Member

New here too. Have had the bzzzzzz for many years. Got it from diving. Takes time but one does get used to it as soon as the anxiety is controlled. I use kava kava 500 mg. 1 to 2 caps at night.