New to This Group

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kim Noble, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Kim Noble

Kim Noble Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Lyme Disease, Unknown?
      Hello, My name is Kim Noble. I’m new to this group. I’ve actually been suffering with T for many years. I have just been so ill with other conditions that needed more attention. It all started in 1992 when I was bit by a Tick and contracted Lyme Disease.

Unfortunately, I wasn’t diagnosed properly for almost a year. In May of 2012 I had the worst earache (R) side. I had opened my mouth too much & heard crackling sounds. The pain was excruciating like an ice pick was stabbed into my ear & I expected blood to be gushing out. I was worried so I went to the ER. Of course they could see nothing externally.

They scheduled a soft tissue MRI the next day outpatient. That’s when I found out I had a very rare bone anomaly called Eagle’s Syndrome. The Styloid process that comes off the Mastoid bone of the Skull right behind the ears for some unknown reason grows. There is also a small ligament near those processes. In my case both Styloids grew all the way to my upper horns of my Hyoid bone & fused. Both ligaments also calcified into bone. I also had Cervical Spinal Stenosis in my neck, along with Bruxism, & TMJD. So all or anyone of these diagnoses could cause T!

I had 3 surgeries. First Cervical Spinal Fusion C-3 to C-7, (R) side Styloidectomy, & (L) side Styloidectomy. I wear a Night guard at night while sleeping for the teeth grinding. Unfortunately the T hasn’t gone away. Just as bad as it ever was. I still live with Chronic Lyme Disease, Daily Migraines, earaches, T, Seizure Disorder, CFS, Fibro, Hypothyroid, Chronic Pain & Stress. Insomnia is partly due to T, Lyme, & Hypothyroid.

I’m kind of at the end of my rope. I just don’t remember what it’s like to feel well? So I’m hoping to find some possible treatments here to try? Tinnitus drives me crazy especially at night even with white noise. HELP!

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk @Kim Noble,
      I see you have a few health issues as well as tinnitus.
      Making sure your mental Health is ok keeping your mood up is so important.
      Getting enough sleep will help and mediations that are natural to stronger medications if needed and sound therapy.
      Hearing aids can help if have hearing loss.
      The emotional turmoil tinnitus can cause and other health issues it's important to relax and keep an eye on stress levels or anxiety and get help if need it.
      We are here around the clock to support you.
      Love glynis

3. Scared111

Scared111 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      You are one brave human being. T is bad enough. How you cope with everything is admirable.
      What’s the worst in ur health problems? tackle each one though t seems hard to get rid of though.