New to This...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Vlad Yuri, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Vlad Yuri

Vlad Yuri Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      Hello everyone,

I recently developed tinnitus (now that I think of it, I may have had it for longer than I thought.) Due to a recent ear infection, I now notice it constantly and at a higher frequency. I am really scared and hoping that it will pass on it's own. I tried to talk to my family about it but I do not think that they understand. It has only been a few days since my tinnitus started, two weeks since the ear infection. I still don't have full hearing back in my right ear and I feel so terrified that it might be lost forever, on top of the T.

I have been doing a lot of research recently and reading all the discussions on sites like these and a couple of others. There doesn't seem to be a general consensus about how long it will last (maybe forever) or if it will heal on its own at some point. I went to the doctor thinking it was just blockage from wax so I wasn't worried (because this had happened before.) Before I went to the Dr I bought Debrox and was using it consistently to try to fix the issue myself. But once I arrived in the office he told me that there was no wax and that I had an ear infection. He prescribed antibiotics and special ear drops. I've been using them for a week now and more recently the tinnitus developed to this level. With more research I stumbled upon Lipo Flavonoid which from what I have read, can help the symptoms and even get rid of them all together. Today was my first time taking this supplement so maybe things will improve?

I am not sure at this point if I am just over-reacting, I am really trying not to; but I am so paranoid and scared that it will last forever. I am not sure what to do. I also struggle with anxiety and depression so this is not the best thing to be happening to me right now. I would really appreciate any advice or wisdom/insight on this issue. Thanks!

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Hi :)

Ear infections can lead to tinnitus, as well as the antibiotics/meds that are sometimes prescribed. First of all, make sure to get rid of the ear infection. Ear infections can take quite a bit of time, to clear up. Just give it sometime and see how you feel, it might go away or it might be less intense. Either way, this forum is here to support you, so know that you are not alone.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vlad Yuri

Vlad Yuri Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      @fishbone Thank you for your support!! I am definitely trying to be patient and to cope in any way possible! Much appreciated; and this community has definitely been so helpful already <3

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vlad Yuri

Vlad Yuri Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      @Bill Bauer The antibiotic tablets i'm taking are not on this list, however, the ear drops they gave me are! They contain Neomycin and Polymyxin B Sulfates and Hydrocortisone Otic Solution, USP. So maybe I should stop taking these ear drops and the T would subside?

6. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Informative Informative x 1
    7. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Check out
      https://www.ehealthme.com/ds/Hydrocortisone/tinnitus/

This seems to imply that the risk is small. Going back to 1998, only 37 people had reported getting T as a side effect of hydrocortisone to the FDA.

You may want to search the other components on this forum (and on the internet). If you see others saying that they suspect their T was caused by it, then you may want to discontinue those drops. It is a difficult/impossible decision. You Do need to clear that infection. Talk to your doctor again? You could also consult a pharmacist...

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vlad Yuri

Vlad Yuri Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      @Bill Bauer Thank you for the information. I think I will stop taking it for now until i'm able to see the doctor again...I don't want to risk it at this point.