New to Tinnitus, Itching to Learn More

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Daniel737-900ER, Feb 9, 2016.

?

Will the tinnitus go away immediately if the earwax is removed?

1. Yes, it will go away immediately.

2. No, it will take time for it to go away.

3. Depends, it may or may not go away.

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Daniel737-900ER
      Artistic

Daniel737-900ER Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello! My name is Daniel, I am currently a student (junior) in High School. Here's a little history about when it all started. It began on 1/17/16 at 9:04pm when I heard some ringing, I heard the same noise before, and it would usually go away. Anyways, it went away, but during the night, it became louder than my fan at around 4:30am and it kept me up until 5:33am, and I got anxious. It was the day before exams start (Monday 1/18/16) it went away for the rest of the day. I went on with life as normal, until Wednesday 1/20/16, in my US History class. When I finished my exam (which I got a D btw) I was there, just being the person I am, doodling airplanes at gates, runways, taxiways, pretty much drawing something related to aviation. That is when it came back, I heard a faint sound. I ignored it, and it wend away. I then had two days off, In which the tinnitus steadily went on and off. Until yesterday, I would feel pressure in my ears. I visited the school nurse on Monday 2/8/16 at 2:41pm and asked to get my ears checked. What I was about to hear was what I had speculated all along. She told me I had a lot (and I mean A LOT) of earwax to the point in which she can't see the eardrum. The strangest part is that I can still hear perfectly fine, with very minor hearing loss. I somewhat stopped using earphones for some reason, and when I do use them, it does get a little bit worse, but when I stop playing music, it produces a very loud ringing, which does fade. I had a physical coming up the following week (Monday) so I had no choice but to wait it out [End]. As for the earwax, which was the culprit to my tinnitus btw, I have these questions which bothered me: if I get the earwax removed, will the tinnitus go away? Will it come back again? What should I do if it doesn't go away even if the earwax was removed? I hope it goes away once I tell my doctor about the issue. I need honest anwsers about if the tinnitus will go away after they remove the earwax. Other than that, I would love to read more and learn more about tinnitus, thanks!

2. ceauses97
      Speechless

ceauses97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/12/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music/chemotherapy/hypercalcemia
      I have had tinnitus before because of ear wax in the ear and it did go away right after I removed it.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Daniel737-900ER
      Artistic

Daniel737-900ER Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Ok, thanks for your reply! I hope it goes away... Did you cast your vote yet?

4. ceauses97
      Speechless

ceauses97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/12/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If i were you I would throw away my ear phones for good because now you know what tinnitus tastes like.

I did cast my vote but I entered the wrong one.

Good luck.

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Daniel737-900ER
      Artistic

Daniel737-900ER Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hmmm, I wouldn't throw away my headphones (they're not cheap, they're apple headphones (or EarPods)) I also heave Beats solo 2 headphones (wired). But I would most likely limit my use of headphones, since it did cause my tinnitus and earwax to build up. But thanks for your suggestion anyways (If I did have cheap ones, then yes, I would have thrown them away by now). Anyways, what was your vote?

6. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Daniel737-900ER
      Artistic

Daniel737-900ER Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes I do!! The 737-900ER in my name is an actual aircraft manufacured by Boeing in Seattle! I try to visit my hometown airport in NH. If your curious, I do have a YouTube channel for aviation.

8. Aaron123

Aaron123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      00/0000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Irrelevant
      You should get the earwax removed.
      Your ears are telling you something here. Limiting the use of headphones is fine, but be very, very careful of the volume. You don't say how long the very loud ringing lasts before it fades, but imagine that it never faded and you heard that very loud ringing for the rest of your life.

9. ceauses97
      Speechless

ceauses97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/12/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have headphones worth a lot of money, but i can't use them anymore. I won't sell them either because a cure migh be close in our lifetime.

I meant to vote for the first option, but gave wrong one. Don't blame me tho, i haven't slept properly for weeks.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Daniel737-900ER
      Artistic

Daniel737-900ER Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      When I use the earphones, I used them at normal hearing level, I don't use them very loud, the noise lasts like, I'd say 5 secs. I'll also be getting my earwax removed next week, as I have a physical first thing Monday.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Daniel737-900ER
      Artistic

Daniel737-900ER Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Oh, well get some sleep!! It's vital that your body gets rest. Anyways, yes, maybe a cure may be close, but what if there was a cure?

12. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Yes please share with me (you can pm me if you don't want to publish it in public)

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Daniel737-900ER
      Artistic

Daniel737-900ER Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I most likely will post my YT channel to the public if they are interested!! https://m.youtube.com/?client=mv-google&layout=mobile I would first suggest searching "Theyoshifan200 (Aviation) as I have three YT channels under the same names (Theyoshifan200, Theyoshifan200 (Aviation), and Theyoshifan200 (Gaming)). Also, the link is the mobile version of YT.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Daniel737-900ER
      Artistic

Daniel737-900ER Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes! My aviation channel has 12 videos, while my main channel has 165 videos *Gasp!!*, I would subscribe to my aviation channel if your only interested in Aviation.

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Daniel737-900ER
      Artistic

Daniel737-900ER Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey, the Aviation channel has 12 videos, so your in the right channel! Make sure to subscribe!