New to Tinnitus, Please Help

Discussion in 'Support' started by connor, Feb 26, 2016.

1. connor

connor Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear wax build up
      Hello, i recently started getting a very loud ringing in my left ear i went to the doctors to get it checked out at the doctor said my whole ear canal was clogged with wax and gave me eardrops. the first day i started using the drops it made the noise even louder and my left ear has been totally deaf for like 3 days now and it is driving me crazy, i was wondering when i get this stuff flushed out is there a chance that i will be stuck with this awful sound? please reply back thank you very much

-Connor

2. Boy Helios

Boy Helios Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      you might have sudden hearing loss. I thought it was wax at first but it wasn't.

if there is T and the ear feels full, get the earwax out ASAP and go back to ENT so you can get the roids

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      connor

connor Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear wax build up
      Ive been using the drops for like 3 days now and i feel no improvement, i cant get my ears flushed out until i have softened the wax :( im hoping i have not lost my hearing

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      connor

connor Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear wax build up
      i dont really think im loosing my hearing because everytime i yawn i can feel my tubes opening up for like 2 seconds and i can hear everything suddenly

5. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Perhaps you have ETD right now. When the tube is swollen and inflamed or blocked, you may get the fullness sensation. Have the ENT checked out the tube?

6. barnacle
      Worried

barnacle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise et al.
      @connor

Hi Connor
      I had a similarish thing whereby I lost a good deal of my hearing for a few days and was "prescribed" eardrops to help remove impacted wax. The problem is that doing it this way can take a week or so (to soften the wax enough to be irrigated out at the GP's or ENT). In the meantime, I was concerned that the impacted wax would make the tinnitus worse permanently. I the end, I got the ENT to use the microsunction thing to remove it all in one go. This might be an option for you I guess, though I dontknow whether or not it is 100% safe.
      However, it was never clear whether the hearing loss was caused by ear wax or noise damage (and the build up of wax just happened at the same time). I wish that I had insisted that they had treated me for possible accoustic trauma, such as through giving steroids. By time I found out about the posisbility of seteriods, it was too late (as there is short window of opportunity after the acoustic tauma). So, if you think there might have been accoustic trauma, you might ask ENT about steriods to prvent long term damage. Seriods can also be the answer if there is sudden hearing loss from auditory nerve being consticted.
      Anhow, best of luck.