New to Tinnitus Talk

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Daniel Conway, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Daniel Conway

Daniel Conway Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car Accident
      My tinnitus started in October 2013, two days after I was rear-ended on a California freeway. I have high pitched 'squealing' inside my head. 24/7/365 ever since. The severity fluctuates for reasons which I have been unable to figure out. My heart goes out to everyone suffering from this wicked condition.

I'm curious if many others are suffering as a result of a whiplash injury? If so, are there specific treatments that have helped you?

2. Cathln
      Sad

Cathln Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/09/10
      Daniel, I too had a whiplash and 2 days later I woke with very loud T, worse in left ear. I have had all testing done, Ct scans, MRIs, ear ct scan, my ears are fine. Botox actually hurt my muscles in neck, and did nothing for T.
      I was told I have "myofascial pain syndrome" and I know I have terrible trigger points in shoulders and neck. A doctor injected lidocaine once in my shoulder muscles and T went away for one hour. That was 5 years ago.
      I can not find a good myofascial release therapist in my area, so I just live with this..Some days its very hard. I am hoping to find a good one, somewhere! I can't just pick up and leave to find one in another state or area, or I would. It can't hurt, and it may help. You should look in to that.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Daniel Conway

Daniel Conway Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car Accident
      Thanks Cathln. Sounds very familiar in that I've had every test too - MRI, CT, etc., etc. Nothing.
      I've never tried myofasial therapy specifically. I'll look into it. I do get some relief in the T intensity with basic muscle massage. I also have a prescription for a muscle relaxer (only for the bad days) which helps but makes me groggy. Icing my neck also seems to calm the T intensity down a bit. Thanks for your suggestion.