New to Tinnitus.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mohamed Ghazi, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Mohamed Ghazi

Mohamed Ghazi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Concert
      Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and new to tinnitus. I'm 28 years old and I live in Kuwait.
      My story is the I love music, and I always listen to music in high volume. Haven't experience Tinnitus or heard about it until I went to a concert. And it was the first concert I go in 2015 because I hate concerts. I'm an in going person.
      after the concert I felt normal. my ears were closed and I heard noises and I though it all be gone in the morning. The ringing was and still in my left ear. after one week I got worried and I went to an ENT consultant. He said everything looks fine and the ringing will go away.
      He gave me B12 pills that I'm still taking.
      I tried some sound therapy through youtube, the ringing goes away for like 5 minutes then comes back.
      sometimes I feel like the noise is so loud my head is going to explode. sometimes I don't even notice it.

I need your help guys and support :(

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. daniel1111
      Shitfaced

daniel1111 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, repeated exposure with loud headphones.
      Hi Mohamed,

Since you are new to it and already have times where you don't notice it, I think you have a very good chance to recover well from it. I don't know if the noise will go away completely, but the occasions you don't notice it will be more and more often. It may get to the point where you never notice it at all, or at least when you do hear it you won't be bothered by it at all.

Try not to listen for the noise, and don't try to analyse it like "Is it Louder?", this makes it worse.

Keep your mind distracted, be busy and do things which make you happy. Keeping your spirits up is half the battle wth tinnitus.

Stay away from concerts and loud music for now. If you must use headphones, turn them down very low. Invest in an SPL meter so you can measure the volume at which you usually listen to music, and make sure you keep it to a safe level (Under 85dB!). Also do some research on ear plugs and buy some good ones if you're going to loud venues in future.

Regards,
      Daniel

• Like Like x 3
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mohamed Ghazi

Mohamed Ghazi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Concert
      Thanks for the advice. :(

4. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Mohamed Ghazi hala mhamad , don't worry bro , you're still new to it and it could get better by itself , stop listening to loud music in you're car , and ear phones that's how I got my tinnitus , nshalla khair bro , 5alk mtfa2el

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Mohamed Ghazi I fully agree with @uae96 . Stay away from loud music and I advise you not to listen to any type of audio through headphones even at low volume. If you click on the link below, it'll take you to some posts that you might find helpful.
      Michael

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/search/member?user_id=3134&content=thread