New to Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by BrynM, May 21, 2018.

1. BrynM

BrynM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello,
      Suddenly got Tinnitus about 5 weeks ago, at first was hit with panic and anxiety very badly , but over the past week or so seem to be coming down and adjusting , night time is the worst . Does not seem to be any reason for the Tinnitus, it just came out of know where. I had a hearing test done straight away and passed with near enough perfect hearing ( am 52 ) . My dad had Tinnitus from about 45 but I am told it’s not hereditary.

My doc said just to adjust and ignore and don’t overthink , I suppose that’s all the advise everyone gives about this , having to take sleeping tabs most nights to sleep , hopefully that will adjust to.
      I am told there’s always a chance it may go ......

The first few weeks were the worst , hopefully as time goes by my brain will take over and sort it .
      That’s my story so far .... the forum is good that we can see we are not alone as that’s how I felt at first .

• Like Like x 1
    2. David Dubros

David Dubros Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Welcome my friend.
      I am 60 and got mine for my 59th birthday.
      My doctor called it a pesky thing and not to listen to it.
      Dont worry so much about a sleeping pill. You must have sleep to deal with it.
      There are alot of great people here and i wish you peace and courage to deal with it :)

3. CrystalB

CrystalB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey there, my tinnitus came out of no where one morning also, perfect hearing, no reason why I have it, I am only 30.

I’ve had it for 7 months. It does get easier with time, you learn to cope with it for the most part, and soon won’t notice it even there. I always hope for one day it will go away, there is always a possibility!
      A lot of people are here to help :)

• Like Like x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      BrynM

BrynM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks for that .
      Night time is the worst trying to sleep . Any tips .