New Tone Is Bugging Me

Discussion in 'Support' started by SergioSanchez, Jul 8, 2017.

1. SergioSanchez

SergioSanchez Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced. At a concert
      For the past few days I've noticed what sounds like a dog whistle like noise. It happens when I hear certain noises. I've had tinnitus 6 years and only had one change in tone, but that went away. Will this? I'm nervous as hell thinking my tinnitus is getting worse :(

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. What caused your T? Usually change of tone happens when T is new and the ears are quite unstable. It is too early to tell if the new tone will stay. But being nervous won't help the cause. T needs us to be fearful and anxious, stressed with extreme emotions to continue its tyranny over us. So try your very best to stay calm and positive that this is temporary. Even if it stays, people with dog whistle (like me) can still learn to habituate to it and live a normal life. I have ultra high pitch dog whistle T and then severe hyperacusis. It used to floor me but no longer. Today my body is hardened to this dog whistle T and it doesn't react negatively any more to it. So try to look forward to the future with an open mind that things can improve for you. The more positive and calm you are, the more likely T will be less intrusive. Take care. God bless.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SergioSanchez

SergioSanchez Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced. At a concert
      It was noise exposure in a concert. The ear pluggs i used didnt exacly help me. I mean ive had it for 6 years. But this new tone recently started. I know its best to be hopful.... But whe. Youve gone 5 years and no problems.... Just for this to start happening.....makes it a little hard