New Too

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by purple haze, May 2, 2018.

1. purple haze

purple haze Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown. Possible salicylate sensitivity
      Mine started after radiation to my throat, but my oncologist, and ENT don't think its related. Last treatment was in August and noticed faint tinnitus in October. Tested negative for hearing loss. Changed medications for blood pressure which helped. Noticing certain supplements and food aggravate it.

Got through the cancer treatment which was very hard and now to face this.

I am getting quite depressed. At least with cancer there is a treatment plan, but this has so many discrepancies in the low salicylate diet, or what supplements to take or not take.

Did any of you go to Mayo?

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear your battle with cancer and now having to deal your tinnitus. Yes, it is not easy to find something that can quiet down tinnitus. So before we can quiet T down, it may be necessary to do masking or sound enrichment. Hopefully these will help you not so distressed or depressed. Have you got anything to help mask your T?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      purple haze

purple haze Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown. Possible salicylate sensitivity
      I found a well documented low salicylate diet online and have been on it for one week. It has been very helpful. Oddly, D3, Zinc, and iron cause ringing and I am deficient in all three. So I use drops and slowly add them to beverages throughout the day. Its worse at night when I am tired but I use earphones with music. If anyone is interested, I can give you the link to the diet. It isn't fun, but it has helped me.