NEWBIE HERE — HELLO!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by fishinggal101, Mar 22, 2016.

1. fishinggal101
      Dancing

fishinggal101 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possible loud amplified music ,from bands 20 years
      Hello to all, I have had this problem since 2005 about 15 years. I have been married to a drummer for 38 years and i have gone to most of his performances in clubs, partys, or in the recording studios, since day one of our marrage. I started having this high pitch tone with a sound that is somewhat like a sound you hear when you put a large sea shell against your ear. This started in 2000. Some days the tone is louder than other days and can get louder at night. I have learned to ignore it, but at times it can be overwhelming! Does anyone know of a good cure for this or ways to make it more tolerable?
      Thank You, fishinggal101

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. There are drugs being tested like AM-101 and Oto-311. There are supplements you can try to see if they can help your T, such as NAC, Magnesium, Zinc, B12, D3 etc. Some members find change of diet helping, such as cutting down on salt, sugar, alcohol, caffeine, MSG etc. You may want to try some of these calming natural herbs to see if they can calm the T, such as Catnip, Valerian, Hops, Passion Flower, Lemon Balm, Chamomile, Lavender, Kava, Melatonin etc. You can google search each of them to know their use and see if you can take them as a supplement. Check out this site on using natural herbs for sleep problem. Take good care. God bless.

http://www.christopherhobbs.com/lib...alth/herbs-and-natural-remedies-for-insomnia/

• Agree Agree x 1