Newbie Here. Hello All. I Wish It Would Go Away and Stay Away.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SallyB, Dec 14, 2016.

1. SallyB
      Insomnious

SallyB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      approx. 2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possible Somatic Cranial Nerves
      Hello.
      SallyB here,
      I have been fighting this ringing since about 2010.

Seeking: To find out where to go to get some real help.

Experience: I saw a Ears nose throat MD, nice guy, but failed to react when I told him if I pressed on my head or moved my head in a certain way it changed the pitch/sound.

Me: a hermit, due to Tinnitus.

Odd: sometimes I can go a week without hearing it. But it comes back.

I could go on and on about how much it bugs me, and also what medical issues that may or may not be related to this, but I shall try to refrain from that. Unless that is requested
      Today I am worn out. Did not do anything but the sound grinds at my nerves and it takes away any joy or initiative I may have. Need to get groceries but will hang on until my cupboards are bare to go out.

I had a week w/o tinnitus, I was visiting friends/family in Virginia. I am from the NW, Seattle area.
      Just today read about which nerves may be causing my tinnitus issue. I found it online at the national institute of health.
      Thanks for reading this.
      SallyB

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      That is quite a positive thing. Most people don't have a week of break. Consider that a blessing. Going on a trip with all the fun things to distract from T will help to calm T.

3. wags
      Wishful

wags Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trama
      Hey SallyB,

If you don't think your ENT is providing you the level of care that you need, I'd seek a second opinion or ask for a recommendation for an otoneurologist. With the types of physical symptoms you are describing you very well may have the ability to cure whatever is causing your tinnitus.

Unfortunately a lot of times tinnitus is swept aside as a "live with it" ailment, and we have to take it upon ourselves to drive the treatment we think we need. In addition to an otoneurologist, I would recommend cognitive behavioral therapy in the meantime to overcome your hermit tendencies that tinnitus is causing you, :) In the event that a neurologist cannot help you (a real possibility), this sort of therapy has been touted as the gold standard for learning to live with tinnitus, and starting this path now can't hurt.

Let us know how it goes!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SallyB
      Insomnious

SallyB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      approx. 2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possible Somatic Cranial Nerves
      Thank you for the nomenclature I needed. I can now ask and search for the right people.
      Wow, :joyful: I now have a part of the puzzle I can use to get help tomorrow. I will call my general physician and make my plea/request.
      Big thanks! :thankyousign:
      I will get some rest now.
      Peace,
      SallyB

5. VRZ78

VRZ78 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      My opinion would be to try to see a chiropractor, an osteopath or someone that can work on the neck...