Newcomer to Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Pedro, Jul 13, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Pedro

Pedro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flights maybe
      Hello everyone, I have constant tinnitus in both ears,
      Some days it's loud (and almost drives me batty), some days it not as bad. most days it's a constant ring, other days it will vary usually in one ear.

I seemed to have got it flying with a severe head cold while I was travelling last year.
      I've had the ringing since October 2014.

I hope it goes away, I play music for a part of my career at least, guitar concerts.
      live it's not too bad but recording in a studio it's damn annoying. Waching a movie at home relaxing I can always hear it.
      I have to have a little laugh at myself. just before all this I made an experimental album with guitar to the sounds of nature, might have to take some of my own medicine!

Seriously though, I do hope it goes away.
      Cheers everyone

• Like Like x 2
    2. erik
      Breezy

erik Manager Staff Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Hey Pedro! Welcome. I also hope it goes away for you but if it doesn't, you will be fine. Protect your ears during your guitar concerts. Take care

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      Hi Pedro. Erik is right protect your ears at all costs at loud concerts.

4. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Pedro and awarm welcome to the forum.
      Tinnitus can fluctuate and spike for a few reasons.
      Sound therapy at night can help and happy explain about it to you .
      Make sure you use noise reduction ear plugs playing music as your ears are in danger of damage above 80 db.
      Also behind your ear is the Mastoid bone and loud noise can be picked up from that as well as your ears so keep away from blasting speakers.
      Your ears are telling you they arnt happy round sound at high volumes so please use musician ear plugs and takecare....lol glynis

5. Pedro

Pedro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flights maybe
      Thanks folks, volume is not an issue with my concerts.
      www.peter-miller.com, you can visit and see why.
      It's still there but maybe not as bad.
      I think it has subsided a little recently. or maybe I'm getting used to it?

I actually have an album out of guitar music to nature sounds, it was an experiment for me I thought the massage professionals etc might have a use for it. I can fall asleep these days no worries. I'll find out next time when I go on a long haul flight and see if it come back as severe as before.

Thanks for the concern everyone