Noise-Induced Tinnitus — Positive Success Stories

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by New Guy, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @New Guy

Please read the post below on sound machines. If you want the best book on TRT buy the book written by Professor Jastreboff & Jonathan Hazell, titled: TRT ( Tinnitus Retraining Therapy) It will tele you everything about the treatement, tinnitus & Hyperacusis and covers many other things associated with the ear and brain. It the reference books that Hearing Therapists and Audiologist use to practice TRT with tinnitus patients. Available from Amazon.

Sound Machines

I have recently been asked about the benefits of using a sound machine after someone read my post on another thread, please find it below.

Sound Oasis makes the best sound machines in my opinion and they are specifically designed for people with tinnitus although anyone will benefit using one. The quality of their digital sounds will be far superior to any homemade sounds that you compile if your intention is to use them for sound enrichment.

A sound machine can be used night and day but do their magic best when we are in deep sleep also known as REM. It supplies the brain and auditory system with sound enrichment. Over time, the tinnitus is pushed further into the background making it less intrusive and will make the path to habituation easier.

I have three Oasis models. The S-650 is very popular and the one I usually recommend people buy. It comes with a variety of sounds on two sound cards. Additional cards can be purchased. The S-850 travel, is more expensive and compact. It has 18 on-board digital sounds and doesn’t use cards. Some people might be bothered by the clock’s blue backlight at night-time. It dims but cannot be turned completely off; the S650 backlight can be set to switch off automatically.

My S-3000 deluxe, was bought over the Internet but has been replaced by the S-5000. Both are similar but have different colours. Silver & black. These models are much larger and sophisticated than the others and can only be mains operated. They use a three-speaker system, that has a subwoofer for increased depth and definition to the sound. According to Oasis, over 140 on-board sound combinations are possible. They have FM/AM radio and an external sound source can be selected via the auxiliary input. There are a host of other features.

The purpose of using a sound machine is to have it playing in the background without drawing attention to itself unlike a radio. For this reason, music mustn’t be used at night for sound enrichment, as it will draw the Brain’s attention and delay habituation.

In my opinion and the advice of Professor Pawel Jastreboff, developer of TRT. Sound enrichment particularly at night should be used by anyone that has intrusive tinnitus. I would go as far to say, it is imperative to do so if you want to help yourself. Over time you will get used to having sound around you both during the day and night. I find it strange to be in a very quiet room now having used a sound machine for so long.

Michael

PS: Many people have contacted me after they have habituated to their T and stopped using sound enrichment at night, only to find their tinnitus becoming intrusive again. The rule of thumb: avoid quiet rooms and surroundings especially at night by using a sound machine.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      New Guy
      Doh

New Guy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      Thank you Michael. I just ordered a 650 to try with the 02 sound cards. What is the rule for playing white noise on a sound machine? Lower than T, higher than T, same as T?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      New Guy
      Doh

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Is this the book you're talking about. There seems to be two versions. One for instructors and one for end users.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0521088372/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ALGHVKFKUQXD4&psc=1

I'm only into T for 2 1/2 weeks but it's hit me hard. My mind is in a vicious circle of how will I survive this and how will I ever be productive again. The worst one is how will I wake up energized and enthused about the coming day. Thanks to this forum I realize this is all quite normal.

I want to be one of the lucky ones who leave a post in a few months that my T is decreasing but I don't want to hold onto false hope either. My T was noise induced, I work in one of those occupations with loud tools (ALWAYS with ear muffs on) and had an extreme exposure that left me with T. I pray it's short term or even decreases. I'm told I'm lucky because I only hear it in quiet rooms and it can be masked with white noise. The ear fullness is getting old and the sensitivity to loud noises, including my wife's voice, is also getting old.

I admit if I listened for it I could hear the T in a quiet room before.

I think the constant anxiety is starting to set in and I'm tired. Perhaps that's good because I'm getting a full nights sleep. My dreams have gone from nightmares, I mean really scary stuff, to still off the normal range of my dreams.

If masking will help whether I have temporary or permanent T I'm all for it.

As I write this I have 10 hr YouTube video of rain falling playing.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      New Guy
      Doh

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hello all! One week after my first post here. I want to thank everyone for their support again. As I've been on the site a lot in the last week I see a lot of people end up here when they're at their worst with T. Myself included. You're a wonderful bunch of people and should be proud to be so helpful.

A week later my T has no changes. I'm trying to change how I react to it with limited success. I don't get jelly legs anymore (or haven't in a few days) though tears occasionally fall. I'm still trying to figure out where life goes after this.

My career is using noisy machines a lot (Always with hearing protection) and I can't imagine using the machines anymore. I've considered doubling up the ear protection when I must but still don't want to risk it.

I've got a bit of sensitivity to noise since the T came on. I'm noticing that more since I got it and since I read a lot of threads on the forum saying be careful of it. I brought ear plugs to the gym last night and put them on in the locker room, they always have a tv on way too loud, and I think I'll wear them whenever I go to the gym for a while.

After time on this site I feel like there is hope with T training and white noise. Michael has some posts about listening to white noise turning down the volume of T and hopefully that will work.

I'm still praying for a miracle, I'm new to this and there's still time. I got some ginko and lippoflavenoid and have been taking them religiously. I know many on the forum say healing takes time and all I can do is give things time.

I want to thank you all again for being there for me and so many others when we needed it the most.

• Like Like x 2
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      New Guy
      Doh

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I know I'm over focusing on it but it's a loud night. I don't see how I'm going to be able to focus again and have a sense of purpose. Hopefully with time.

6. Bill47
      Curious

Bill47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss and loud noise exposure
      Having suffered from tinnitus for many years, I finally found a place to share my symptoms and learn from others suffering from this constant annoyance.

My story - Way back in the late 60's and early 70's I worked in a very noisy environment with no ear protection (pre OSHA). The "fix" back then was to use cigarette filters in your ears. Since I was never a smoker, I never tried that.:unsure:
      One machine in particular had a very high pitched whine. I recall hearing a gurgling in my inner ear if I moved my head around while running that machine. I found out much later that that was the fluid in my inner ear and the violent movement was damaging my hearing. I had hearing issues since childhood and could always hear better with my left ear. The tinnitus started after the noise exposure and has been continuous since then - over 50 years. I learned to live with it and got pretty good at ignoring it. Multiple mid-range tones mixed with a high pitched whistle have been my constant companion. I fall asleep by using the tinnitus as background noise as I sing songs in my head - don't laugh, it works for me! (y)

I began wearing hearing aids in the 90's and just recently purchased my 4th pair ($3400 - OUCH!) This is the reason I am here. For some reason, I am having a severe distortion problem with these new aids. I have had them checked and rechecked by my long time audiologist who I trust completely. With all the bells and whistles these new aids have, she can't seem to get them adjusted to compensate for this distortion. Until I started reading the posts on this forum, I had never considered that the tinnitus itself might be causing the distortion.

I guess I need to know if anyone else has had an issue with hearing aid distortion due to tinnitus. And, why would it only crop up with these new - high tech - hearing aids?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      New Guy
      Doh

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bill, that story encourages me that life can continue with T. I can't help you on hearing aid distortion from T but as a hands on type of guy new technology always leaves me suspect. I hope someone on the site can help you out. You may want to start your own thread about that and see if it gets more attention.

8. Bill47
      Curious

Bill47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss and loud noise exposure
      Thanks New Guy. First day here - still trying to feel my way around the site. Starting a thread of my own seems like a good idea...:dohanimation: Should have thought of that.

• Like Like x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      New Guy
      Doh

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bill we've all been there, trust me. I think you will get more feedback with your own thread. Welcome and I hope the site has been as valuable to you as it has to me.

10. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I got T as a result of a brief exposure to noise. So I haven't been keeping track of the people who got T as a result of hearing loss. I remember reading some people saying that at first their hearing test revealed hearing loss but that they got better by the time another test was done after a couple of months.

• Like Like x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      New Guy
      Doh

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks Bill. I hope that's the case. I saw in your posts that you're noticing improvements. I'm glad to hear you're getting better.

• Like Like x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      New Guy
      Doh

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I forgot to dwell on my T for a few minutes today! :)
      The rain white noise and heater fan in the background are really paying off! or perhaps it was the trip to the gym.

13. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just One (1) Loud Rock Concert!
      I think you are going to be okay if your ringing didn't start for 6 days and you were actually wearing protection.

Mine was immediate and I can trace it back to the exact moment (guitar solo) when I literally burned out my right ear.

Masking is best in the beginning to take your mind off of it. Get a crickets or cicada app on your phone to listen to when you are in a quiet setting.

Also; meditate, eat well, exercise and stay busy (an idol mind is the devil's playground, especially when you have T).

Most of all, don't let it consume you. -- I spent hours and hundreds of dollars on supplements that didn't work.

Hang in there,
      John

• Like Like x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      New Guy
      Doh

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      John,

Thanks for the hope. I'm clinging to all I can get right now. Do you have any hearing loss with your T?

I've been trying to do everything you mention, especially not over focusing, but it's hard at this stage. I end up getting emotional quite often too.

I've been going to the gym a few times a week and yesterday and today I got outside and did some small things around the yard. I can't call that huge improvement but it's moving forward.

I have a video on my laptop of rain falling and I got a sound oasis machine for some white noise. At least I'm doing that part right.

Thanks again for your encouragement,

John

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      New Guy
      Doh

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I got a Sound Oasis S-650 yesterday to help with being in quiet rooms. I've got the volume just below my T and it's making a big difference in masking out the T. Did it change my T, no. Does it help distract me from my T and lower my anxiety, yes.

I like the convenience of the S-650 that you can carry it with you and hit one button to start or stop the background noise. I wish the speakers in the machine were a little better, I feel like the quality of sound from my laptop is better than the S-650 speakers.

I got the S-650 with a sound card for T suffers and paid around 100 for that unit. I think I would have been fine with the regular sound card machine which I think was around 60-70 which is what I'm using. I've been listening to rain on the unit because that seems to work the best for me.

I'm considering trying the high end machine Sound Oasis makes because background noise makes such a huge difference. It's the difference between driving myself nuts and being a little distracted. I'm writing this in the quietest room in my house which previously drove me nuts. I can now be in this room and not be too distracted by my T.

My daughter old wants one too because she thinks it looks cool. :) I had to hold back a tear when she said that.

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      New Guy
      Doh

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm about 3 1/2 weeks into this adventure and the H has amped up over the past week. I've made a bigger deal than I'd like asking my family to keep there voices down when around me. I don't want to be in the room when my wife uses the blender though I didn't really want to be before either.

I've started wearing earplugs at the gym because they have the TV so loud in the locker room and I don't want to suffer from someone dropping weights. I also wear headphones when driving. My truck has a diesel engine. It didn't bother me a week ago but it does now.

My ears vary in the fullness feeling. Sometimes I don't notice and sometimes they really feel stuffed. The fullness is never the same in both, it's usually a one or the other situation. If I hold my nose and gently blow I can hear the air flowing into my worse ear sometimes but it doesn't seem to flow out as easy. That part is really odd.

I've gotten out and done some work in the yard an hour or two the past couple days. It's a step in the right direction. I live on a busy road and if I'm in the front yard I have my ear muffs on in case a loud car or truck goes by. This of course cranks up the volume of my T.

That's where I am today.

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      New Guy
      Doh

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      With the progress of the white noise machine taking my mind off T comes the times I walk into a room without the machine and it hits me. I know I should tell myself it's just background noise fuuugetaboutit but it's hard.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      New Guy
      Doh

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've been wearing headphones in my truck, it's a diesel and louder than I realized. The H really seems to coming in full force at the end of month 1. Today, I asked my kids to stop talking until I left the room because they were both very excited but It was bothering my ears to listen.

I visited my therapist today, who I've been seeing for a year and a half, and explained that I'm sliding into a depression. I don't want drugs to get out I just hope for some progress.

My therapist recommended doing something I enjoy, which is great advice, but I'm so clouded by this.

I tell myself I'm new into this. The H will eventually peak and start to get better. The ear fullness that goes from side to side will start to get better. I (hope) the T will start to fade.

I had a couple hours yesterday morning where it was noticeable quieter and I have to take that as a good sign. However, by the end of the day it was more annoying and frustrating. I hope for more quiet times to come.

Thanks to everyone on this site who patiently listens and supports. I don't know where I'd be without this forum and all of you wonderful people.

19. Anitajog

Anitajog Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I did nothing at all to bring on my ringing. It just appeared one night while watching TV. I've never been around loud noises. I've had the ringing for almost 9 years now. So don't be so hard on yourself thinking you brought this on yourself. Some days when I'm driving a lot or being distracted by being active or talking with people I never hear my ringing. I watch TV a lot so when I'm home there is always background noise and that helps distract me from the ringing. Best of luck with your T. Just kick it to the curb and go on living. I have friends with worse conditions so I count myself lucky in some ways.

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      New Guy
      Doh

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I had an appointment with an ENT/Audiologist this morning for a second opinion. Results were the same as the first time though I was more prepared for the prognosis and did like the office better. It was a smaller office and they didn't rush me though.

They did the hearing test manually, like they wrote on a piece of paper, and you can see the notch in my hearing where machinery runs in the test results. I'm not going to publish my hearing test results. Low end I'm good and high end I'm good with a notch that dips around 4000 khz. I got a copy of my first hearing test and it's the same thing though much easier to see when drawn by hand not on a computer.

Dunno what to say. I feel like ENT's don't understand Tinnitus and I guess that's just the way it's going to be. I explained my symptoms of ear fullness, hearing things moving in my ear and they were dismissed by the ENT and Audiologist.

It seems to me like your better option is to visit an Audiologist for help with Tinnitus as opposed to an ENT though I think you need to see both.

The Audiologist tested for the frequency of my T and it's around 6000. She played that tone for a few seconds and asked if I could hear my T and it was gone even in the quiet room. That was weird and cool at the same time.

They did use the suction thing to remove some earwax for about 20 seconds. I feel bad about that after so many warnings on this site (Please don't jump on me for this. I got it.) I stopped the ENT and asked him to do it manually and he refused and I let him. I had the right to walk out at that point and I didn't so that's on me. I didn't notice a spike in the office but 4 hours later my quiet side is louder where he used the thing. It's been acting up a couple days on that side. I'm hoping it's a combination of it acting up and attention by the audiologist today too.

At the end of the appointment I asked the ENT if he had any advice for someone in the early stages of tinnitus who's having a hard time adjusting. Please raise your hand if you're in the early stages of T and NOT having a hard time adjusting. (Why don't I see any hands?)

His reply was, "Well, I'm a surgeon by trade. All I can say is sometimes the diagnosis helps." After at least 20-25 years in the field (He's completely gray) this man has no understanding of how to treat T patients or where to start concerning giving them help. I've lost hope in ENT's.

I think the ATA should put together a folder of what to do if you're diagnosed with T and distribute it to every ENT office in the country. Just basic info about what is T, how to use noise to mask it for relief when you're at your worst (which is probably when you leave the office after and ENT tells you you have T and there's nothing you can do about it) and what the next steps are. That would be such a huge help in ENT offices. ENT's don't know this stuff or don't have the time to spread this information.

My thought is the notch in my hearing has always been there and growing since I was in my 20's and I got T as a result of using a power tool like those of you with good hearing who went to a concert. I'm hoping with time my T starts to fade like those of you who went to a concert and were lucky enough to have your T fade. From what I've heard with time it will seem quieter because I'll be more used to it plus this freaking fullness and h will start to go away.

Today is my one month anniversary or having T. Hooray! I've wallowed in despair for days, researched the topic until my eyes were bloodshot, and come to you wonderful people for help. It's now time to start moving forward, even if slowly, and moving my life forward. Let's not go crazy here, I'm not going to be around loud places for a while.

I'm going to start setting some goals for every day, nothing crazy but some proof of life for myself. Even though I'll want to wallow in self pity I'll get the goals done, then I can wallow in self pity or reward myself with a long hot shower to relax. I know where support is (here, friends, family) and I have one book on living with T and one more coming. That's a good start. No more books until I read those two.

It's time to start fighting back.

• Like Like x 2
    21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      New Guy
      Doh

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anita,

Thank you for the great advice. I don't know why but I'm one of those people who just assumes everything is my fault. When I went to the ENT today the nurse who brought me in said the same thing. She said how people who work in offices come in all the time with T and they're not around loud noises.

Thank you for your support.

22. PortalNaut

PortalNaut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Late 2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      @New Guy , we both got our T at near the same date, and we both had earpro on - so I definitely sympathize with you. I've read your posts and don't have a specific thing I'd recommend but I wanted to reach out to give support. Myself, I have some good days and bad days, and maybe you do too; let's hope the trend is to more and more good ones, or more and more resiliency. So far you have shown a lot of resilience. Keep it up, man.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    23. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @New Guy when you want to ask me a question as above in your post. Please write my name as: @Michael Leigh . That way I will get a PM "prompt" and see your request.

I have three Oasis sound machines. The top model: S-5000, S-850 travel and S-650. The S-650 is quite satisfactory for most peoples needs. The purpose of sound enrichment is to have it playing softly in the "background" without it drawing attention to itself, so it can easily be ignored especially for night time use. Using a Laptop or device with larger speakers, whether for day or night time use, one must be careful not to make the "sound enrichment" become dominant as if you were listening to music, as this is not using sound enrichment correctly. The volume of the sound enrichment should be kept slightly below the tinnitus. There must be no attempt to cover-up or mask the tinnitus so that it can't be heard. Unless the tinnitus can be heard slightly above the sound enrichment the brain will not learn to habituate to it. The brain cannot habituate to tinnitus unless it is able to hear it.

Michael

PS: Please note: Habituating to tinnitus does take time, often many months and is something that cannot be rushed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      New Guy
      Doh

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @PortalNaut & @Michael Leigh

Thank you both for your support and encouragement.

I was riding the high of feeling like I had some control of things yesterday after my second ent visit.

Today wasn't a very good day and I need to be patient. I've sobbed uncontrollably twice in the last hour. I've been doing research on the forum and reading a book but maybe I just need to step out and go for a walk or do some quiet work in the yard. I've been trying not to overthink things I'm sure I have. I've been thinking about getting rid of a lot of my noisy machinery. I can't imagine picking up a chainsaw or doing my noisy job working in peoples landscapes even though I've been looking at quieter battery powered equipment.

I've received support in the form of PM's from other members and thank them as well.

I feel this guilt for screwing up my ears even though I had hearing protection on. I suppose it's the same as people who go to concerts feel guilt for going to a concert or people who go to shooting ranges or Bill who was just brushing his teeth. I've worked around machinery all my life and both ENT's I saw assured me this didn't happen in one day.

I've been using the sound oasis just below the volume of the T but when I walk out of the room the sound of my T really hits me. One of my ears has been changing to a cricket sound over the last couple weeks. I've heard things can get more interesting in the second month and maybe that's just it. Maybe my brain is focusing on it more than it should.

So many have told me there is a light coming somewhere in the future but it takes time. I'll hold onto that thought.

Thank you all.

25. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      HI @New Guy

Everything that you are experiencing at the moment is common with someone new to tinnitus. Please do not sell or get rid of any of your noisy equipment because in time you will be able to use it. Feeling stressed and emotional is not unusual and I advise you to have a word with your GP about this as something can be prescribed to help you. Please read my article: Tinnitus, A Personal View. It is available on my "started threads" It answers a lot of questions that people new to tinnitus have.

There are other articles too on my started threads that I believe you'll find helpful. Many people make improvement within the first 6 months of having tinnitus so give it time.

All the best
      Michael

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      New Guy
      Doh

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @ Michael Leigh

Thank you yet again for your support. I know what I'm going through is par for the course but it's very real when you're in it. I know you had quite a journey with T. I know your advice comes from experience. These can be some tough days and thank goodness my wife supports me.

I don't want to start popping pills yet, I prefer as few drugs as possible. I'll make the call if it goes too far. I've been seeing a therapist for over a year so the good news is that base is covered.

Thank you again Michael.

• Like Like x 1
    27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      New Guy
      Doh

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The fullness is so weird.

The last three days there was a tickle in my left ear and noise every time I opened my mouth. Today it's gone out of the blue. Now the right ear is getting full.

So weird.

28. john paul
      English

john paul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      hi mate hope your coping ok, I'm guessing your still finding it overwhelming but its ok to feel this way, the best thing about this place is everyone understands what its like to have T. Just skimmed over your recent posts, glad your finding some relief from masking. It literally is the only thing that stops my head from exploding at times. Iv been really depressed lately, i live alone, no wife or kids to talk too so in that sense your very lucky to have that support. Wearing earplugs as precaution in certain places is defo a good idea. Your truck and everything like that is likely to cause problems at this stage so your doing all the right things and sounds like your ears are telling you whats ok and whats not. Its seems daft that your ears can't handle normal sounds but I get the sensitivity to sound thing as well just no pain, everything in the kitchen just sounds way louder than before. Maybe its me being worried and i guess it is but I'm not sure. Your probably going to experience a lot of ups and downs in the next few months. Many good moments where your sure your getting better and feel positive and then a few moments of despair when it feels like your getting nowhere. Try not to get defeated by it in those moments and keep on being positive you will improve. Just make sure you stay on the precautionary side of things in terms of noise exposure.

• Like Like x 1
    29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      New Guy
      Doh

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @john paul

Overwhelming is definitely the right word. Logic can explain everything but my emotions are getting the best of me. Masking, not covering, the T is my way of coping right now. I was fighting the good fight until a week or so ago and my mood went down. Perhaps because I realize this may not go away.

There are so many veterans on this site that assure me I'll get used to it and I know I will but "The waiting is the hardest part." - Tom Petty.

I was so happy last night at dinner even though I wanted to cry to have people around me. I'm a quiet guy and I like my quiet time but dinner last night saved me.

Thanks for your support.

John aka New Guy

30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      New Guy
      Doh

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This song popped into my head today. I remember hearing a similar song in the US last fall and looked this one up because they sounded so similar. I remember listening to this song with my family and being in a great mood. Listening to it lightened the mood a few minutes today.

Montgomery Gentry - She Couldn't Change Me