Noise Induced.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Alh79, May 9, 2017.

1. Alh79

Alh79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      viral or sound induced
      Hi,

I have tinnitus since atleast 2014 but probably earlier than that.

It never really bothered me and I got on with my life.

For whatever reason my tinnitus got louder and more intrusive about 3 weeks ago.

I have had a hearing test and there is some hearing lose at the top frequencies.

I am looking for success stories of anyone who has overcome prolonged noise induced tinnitus to give me hope.

2. Applejuice

Applejuice Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20-3-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, I'm probably suffering from the same too. There are succes stories but they don't go over one night sleep. It could take up to 6 to 18 months and sometimes longer.

In the meantime no headphones! No clubs, no concerts etc. Look out for loud noises, buy earplugs and earmuffs and carry them with you wherever you go.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 2
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Besides hearing loss, there are many causes which can trigger or aggravate tinnitus including but not limited to drug reaction or side-effects from ototoxic drugs, ear wax build-up, ear or Eustachian tube infection or ETD, ear drum injury, fluid build-up in ears feeling pressured or fullness, sinus infection & congestion especially with a bad cold, TMJ, TTTS, high blood pressure or blood circulation problem, loud noise exposure or acoustic trauma/shock, head trauma & injury, neck injury or muscle problems, hearing loss, Meniere's Decease, barotrauma from sudden change of air pressure such as during landing & taking off on flights especially with blocked nose causing failure to balance the pressure changes, slapping of the ears, deep grief for the loss of loved ones, untreated sleep apnea, extreme, extended stress, anxiety & panic disorder, etc., etc. Check the list to see if you have any recent issue with any of them above.

There are various success stories out there that may help you. I have hearing loss in the high frequency too and I think it may related to acoustic trauma or natural hearing loss due to aging. My T is ultra high pitch and on top of that I had also severe hyperacusis which turned all normal sounds piercingly hurtful. I suffered horror initially but now I live a normal, happy and absolutely enjoyable life. If you are interested in my success story and the strategies I used, you can check this out. Take good care. God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

• Like Like x 7
    4. Houstontx

Houstontx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/5/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced from gun shot
      You say noise induced? Explain plz what kind of noise prolonged or one time thing?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Alh79

Alh79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      viral or sound induced
      I used to work in motorsports and still race very occasionally. I assume that I acquired my t then maybe even after but I'm not sure.

What's really strange is the t got worse literally in the space of half a second getting out of bed.My left ear went muffled for half a second and then I was aware of a second t sound I had not heard for years which sent me into a panic attack. I then focused listening to the t and i now think i have managed to de-habituate myself. As the t doesnt seem any louder than it used to with ear defenders on.

Sometimes I wonder if my t was always there to a degree.

I have had a period of high stress with a new baby
      and work and marriage issues. I'm hoping that when my stress starts to drop the t Will too.

6. Houstontx

Houstontx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/5/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced from gun shot
      Do you know how long does distortion to some sounds last when you have noise induced T?

7. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just One (1) Loud Rock Concert!
      I'm going on 2 years with Mr T in September. -- Salt seems to be the big culprit for me.

I'm eating very healthy lately but as soon as I slow down with exercising and eat salty snacks, my T goes through the roof.

I don't even worry about loud noises anymore except for our blender and concerts in which case I use ear plugs..