Noise Trauma, High Static, Mystery Low Tone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mathew Huusko V, Feb 26, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Mathew Huusko V

Mathew Huusko V Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Extremely loud DJ solo at extremely quiet concert
      Surprisingly loud concert 11 days ago started a high pitched ringing. That sound has diminished to a distant static/bells noise originating from my head versus a specific ear.

About 5 days ago (either randomly, after cleaning ears in shower, or after cleaning by ENT.. I'm not sure), a low pitch ring started in my right ear.

The high pitched static is noticeable in a quiet room or with ear plugs (I have serious sleep issues, and ear plugs are a must at night), and I sure hope it goes away eventually because I'd love to know silence again, but overall it's not too much of an issue.

The low pitch ring is a little louder and clearer/more noticeable to the point that it keeps me up at night.

The weird thing is, I can make the low pitch ring fluctuate and even go away completely by pressurizing my ears or pressing my ear lobes into my ears with the right force/angle.
      This makes me think this ring might have to do with pressure/fluid/something other than noise trauma. The ENT (visited again today) thought otherwise, said there was nothing visibly wrong with my ears, that my hearing had recovered since the last hearing exam, and sent me on my way ("come back in a year", literally).

Thoughts?

P.S. The high pitched static is getting to the point that I'm not sure if it's even tinnitus... I can't remember if it just always sounded like that when in complete silence. Anyone else remember? I'm starting to question myself..

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. Mathew Huusko V

Mathew Huusko V Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Extremely loud DJ solo at extremely quiet concert
      Has anyone else experience tinnitus that can be changed/suppressed?
      Not somatic tinnitus, because moving my neck/jaw/ear bones, etc. and related muscles doesn't seem to make any difference.
      But getting the right amount (not too little, not too much) of inner ear pressure seems to just make it go away. Only problem of course is I can't comfortably maintain that pressure, or at all at night.