Non-Stop

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Debbie hall, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Debbie hall

Debbie hall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Burst eardrum
      Since my eardrum burst 11 weeks ago due to air pressure when flying I have had non stop very loud tinnitus in both ears, I also had a virus and 3 ear infections during the 11 weeks, my doctor keeps saying he will refer me but still waiting, I will be flying again in 3 weeks and are very anxious about my ear being damaged, my doctor has told me to see him again after I have returned, the noise is driving me crazy, any advice about the tinnitus and flying with the condition would be appreciated,

thanks

2. fhs
      Fine

fhs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gun range
      Get a new doctor. The one you have is terrible. You should've been referred to an ENT immediately.

This is a serious medical issue. You might have very loud tinnitus for the rest of your life. I wouldn't fly until you know exactly what's going on. Airplane cabins change pressure as they go up and down in altitude and this is enough to cause barotrauma especially for those with eustachian tube dysfunction.

Were you given antibiotics for your ear infection?

3. Samantha R

Samantha R Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Debbie hall
      I most definitely would not fly with a peforated ear drum.
      You need to give it time to fully heal and clear the infections.
      Are you taking antibiotics?
      If you give your ears time to heal, the noise might just go away.

4. Rubenslash

Rubenslash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad decisions
      Cancel your flight and give ur eardrum more time to heal

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Debbie hall

Debbie hall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Burst eardrum
      Thank you all so much for your replies, I have had 3 courses of antibiotics over the 11 weeks, to be honest I'm not even really sure if my eardrum is healed or not, I saw my doctor last week and ask if it had healed and he said it was looking fine, told him I would be flying soon and he told me to suck boiled sweets during the flight! He told me to visit again after my holiday and if the ringing was still there he would put in a referral to ENT, thanks