Now Not Ringing at All

Discussion in 'Support' started by erniej, Feb 20, 2016.

1. erniej
      Sporty

erniej Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't know
      I just woke up at 7:00AM and my ears aren't hardly ringing at all. I have no idea what the f**k is going on. I'll count my blessings for now. why would they just stop I wonder...

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Tinnitus can fluctuate day to day,hour by hour and minute by minute .
      I know you have had a tough time and hope your tinnitus goes completely.
      Keeping calm will help....lots of love glynis

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Cut it off! You wouldn't be the first person who's T disappeared after many, many years. It happens. Your mental activity is around the explanation for this sudden disappearance? If I were you I would wonder what is depending on me to make this disappearance permanent, or if there is anything I should do, or stop doing. Or not even that. I would stay with my mind away from T as long as I could.
      If you are so preoccupied with wondering about the reason, your brain may do you the "service" to restart T to save you from such scientifical wonderings. I am serious! Stay busy to forget about your curiosity about the reason.
      Can you imagine if the disappearance were permanent?
      Did you think about how a permanent disappearance would relaunch your life and bring such good news for the members of this forum?
      From what I know you would be the first member of TT to report permanent disappearance after so many years. I know directly a case of permanent disappearance after many many years. It IS possible. Why? The emergence of T is still enveiled in mistery. They have theories about it, but nothing more than theories, in general contradictory to one another. Scientists don't have a certain explanation of the emergence of T. They have, for example some hypothesis about "the brain remembering that "it didn't hear a certain frequency in a while, so it starts to produce it itself" which is absolutely ridiculous, cause the emergence of T is most of the times right after the acoustic trauma, so the brain didn't have time to "miss" the lost frequency, and you want to solve the mistery of a disappearance? While there isn't a certain explanation of the emergence of T, or at least something that can hold some water, you won't be able to come with an explanation as to why it disappeared. I am not scolding you, I am afraid that your wondering may bring your T back.
      Did you think about how you would bring hope and serotonine in the brains of the members of TT who had T from loud noise for many years?
      Please distract yourself from "wondering about the cause" and give us the news that T didn't return. You wouldn't burden us with another question for which we do not have an answer, we would just celebrate the fact that it did. Be happy, have faith that it won't come back, and stop trying to outsmart the scientists. That is so not what you should be doing right now, or these days.
      "what the f**k is going on?" Does this great lowering or disappearance is bothering you in any way? I wish that happened to me, I would just take the gift, no questions asked.

4. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      That is amazing, hope it stays low !

5. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      "There'll be time enough for counting, when the dealing's done"
      some wisdom lyrics from a Kenny Roger's song
      Run away with the money from the poker table now. For you and for us. Only when the gain is secured, you can wonder why you won.
      Now overthinking about T is not recommended

• Like Like x 1
    6. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      @erniej Sorry for my tone in my first message. I hadn't read about you, as I was in the hospital myself. I didn't know when I wrote in this thread just how bad the T volume was a short while ago. I thought you were a guy well habituated with your old T and you are wondering how come after so many years your companion, T, is leaving you. I didn't know on what emotional roller coaster you are because your T is fluctuating from suicidal to almost nothing. Now I understand your wondering. But my advice stays the same: try to engage in something fun. Your fluctuations are due to the meds and thoughts. They both change the brain chemistry, and the brain chemistry determines the T volume.
      Be good and think happy, optimistic thoughts. The great lowering in T volume shows that it is possible a big change in a good way. Whatever happens in the future, the door to healing is open for you. Even if you lose your way, the possibility to heal remains for the rest of your life. Some people's T can't be budged by anything. Yours can.
      All the best!

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. jeannie
      Stressed

jeannie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced, Ear Infection, Medication... Who knows?
      What meds is he on?

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      erniej
      Sporty

erniej Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't know
      Came back full force this morning. Meds - Trazodone- Lamictal - Clonazepam - Mirtazapine