NYC Support Group

Discussion in 'Support' started by lolkas, Oct 22, 2016.

1. lolkas

lolkas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don`t know
      Dear All,

i just joined this club (unfortunately we all here now) and wanted to see if there are people here that live in NYC and would like to create support group. I see us meeting at some good places (not too quite/not too loud) so that we are distracted from this evil, could talk to each other, share experience and provide some sort of mental support. Possibly see if we could get to guys in local news papers regards this condition and raise awareness. I think this is going to be big, specially in NYC because there is A LOT of noise even for normal person. NYPD/FDNY/Ambulance using their sirens on FULL ON right next to human crowds. I am sure there are people almost on daily basis getting this condition and guess what - no cure so far, not even a drug or treatment that would tell your brain not to fire phantom noise since ear cannot hear certain frequencies (i understand that there are whole bunch of other ways of getting tinnitus and they all have to be treated differently), however simplest one to get/develop as NIHL has no remedy.

Please, people of NYC - let me know and get something going.

thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    2. JadeNYC

JadeNYC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TBI/concussion
      I was thinking how great it would be to have an NYC support group and just saw your post so great idea and I completely agree with all that you wrote! It's been really excruciating for me to live my life as I did prior to T/H and a horrible TBI/Concussion that caused them. I am now trapped inside of my apt often and the sirens are constant noise pollution and the idiotic cop cars running the sirens for no reason when there aren't even any blockages...the city really needs to clean up and crack down on the unnecessary noise pollution by actually fining them...there was actually a great article in WSJ a few weeks ago on NIHL and tinnitus...I threw it out after reading it but I'm sure you can find it online...it's very upsetting and difficult to think that I can no longer tolerate and happily live in the city I've been in for over 30 years and have always LOVED due to excessive noise.
      I have to wear earplugs everywhere when walking to places because of the constant barrage of evil horns, sirens and rude annoying and narcisstic loud people who need the world to hear them speak...anyway, I'm on board with this idea so let me know if you want to speak, etc.

3. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lolkas

lolkas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don`t know
      Hey Jade,

Sure we can meet up, if its just two of us at start - so be it. I will PM you my cell.

If there is anyone else that is on this forum from NYC - please let us know, register here to let us know. If we wont start pushing this world towards solution for us - we won't leave it in peace.

Thanks!

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lolkas

lolkas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don`t know
      Hey thanks for letting me know, however i am skeptical about borrows since all attention should be drawn in the center of this massive and pretty much most valuable city (economics/politics/news) in whole country. We must bring this to world's attention like cancer is. We suffer as much as they are, however with our evil T we can't even sleep! We must push everyone out of "just get used to it" approach.

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lolkas

lolkas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don`t know
      Jade, i have posted my cell on your profile page. Please contact me.

Thanks!

7. Re_kay

Re_kay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2010 (worsening in 2018)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Inner ear infection - 2010; worsening in 2018 - possible TMJ
      Hi, I was wondering if you all actually met up? I am in NYC.

• Like Like x 1