Objective Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Geo, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      So my T i still increasing at a rapid rate. i dont know why this is happening to me i experience a new level of noise now seems like daily, from noise exposure for the past week some idiots been blowing up fireworks int he sky for hours and cops cant locate them its so loud i have to evacuate my home for a couple of hours a day to my cousins apt and its even noisy in there i can never win with my severe H and symptoms. and just now i told my mom to see if she can hear my ear and she said yes.. so now im shocked that i might have objective tinnitus never knew.. great now this my severe H and my ttts like symtoms no wonder im free falling hard...

2. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Could your mom have lied to try and make you feel better? Go see a doctor!

3. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      What does your T sound like? Surely you would know if it is objective T?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      what does objective t sound like? ive mentioned my sounds various times...

• Useful Useful x 1
    5. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I don't know but if its objective it should be able to be repaired. I think.

6. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Objective tinnitus
      In some cases, tinnitus is generated by a self-sustained oscillation within the ear. This is called objective tinnitus which can arise from muscle spasms around the middle ear.[30] Homestatic control mechanisms exist to correct the problem within a minute after onset and is normally accompanied by a slight reduction in hearing sensitivity followed by a feeling of fullness in the ear.[31]

Objective tinnitus can most often can be heard as a sound outside the ear, as spontaneous otoacoustic emissions (SOAEs) that can form beats with and lock into external tones.[32] The majority of the people are unaware of their SOAEs; whereas portions of 1-9% perceive a SOAE as an annoying tinnitus.[33]

Pulsatile tinnitus
      Some people experience a sound that beats in time with their pulse (pulsatile tinnitus, or vascular tinnitus).[34] Pulsatile tinnitus is usually objective in nature, resulting from altered blood flow, increased blood turbulence near the ear (such as from atherosclerosis, venous hum,[35] but it can also arise as a subjective phenomenon from an increased awareness of blood flow in the ear.[34] Rarely, pulsatile tinnitus may be a symptom of potentially life-threatening conditions such as carotid artery aneurysm[36] or carotid artery dissection.[37] Pulsatile tinnitus may also indicate vasculitis, or more specifically, giant cell arteritis. Pulsatile tinnitus may also be an indication of idiopathic intracranial hypertension.[38]

• Informative Informative x 1