Old Pro Returning to Help Out

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by RobertFahey, Dec 6, 2018.

1. RobertFahey

RobertFahey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe sinus infection
      I was in this forum many moons ago. Now I'm back just to help others.

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      So you have a auditory brain stimulation to stop the hyperactive fusiform cells causing tinnitus?

Do you have a way to cure sensori-neural hearing loss (repair cochlear hair cells and ribbon synapses) and reverse the central gain mechanism causing tinnitus and improve my hearing?

Or is this just habituation BS.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Do you have tinnitus or did it go away? How long has it been since you’ve had tinnitus, if so?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RobertFahey

RobertFahey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe sinus infection
      Yes, Striveon, I still have it. I'm here to help newbies through the psychological hurdle when they first get tinnitus. It knocked me into a major depression, mostly because it was the "last straw" with a bunch of other stressors that piled on me at the same time. Anyway, I sought help from my local hospital and pulled through. Now I don't think about it much. It's just another quirk. I've got plenty more.

I'm noticing the design of this forum makes it hard to have one-on-one dialogue. Anyone who wants to email me can do so at BurlingtonRetro@gmail.com

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
      • Winner Winner x 1
    5. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome back to post and to express your desire to help out the newer sufferers. We are happy to have you here. You are also welcome to write a success story now that you seem to have habituated to your T.

To have a private message or conversation with another member, just click on their user name, and in their profile click 'start a conversation' to start private chat with that member.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Wow, I’m glad you overcame through the rough times tinnitus gives a person. Congratulations for that :). Also to tag someone you have to use the “@,” then type in their names. Also, you can private message a person through here also.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RobertFahey

RobertFahey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe sinus infection
      Striveon, I used meds. Lorazepam for the short term to help me sleep and calm down. Zoloft for a one-year period. Then I was "cured." The tinnitus is still there, but it's old news. The cure is not giving a shit.

• Like Like x 3