Oldie to Tinnitus but Newbie to This...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bex274, May 26, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Bex274

Bex274 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert?
      Hi all

Right I've had T since I was 15 just over 20yrs now a low hiss, anyways I think it was bought on by a very loud Take That concert back in 94. I had a few dodgy years but coped. I'm a worrier/very anxious person at the next of times and about 3yrs ago had a very bad episode of about 8mths where any sound would make my head want to explode, I was literally going crazy. To cut a long story short, I was out on anti depressants which have helped a great deal and also saw an amazing audiologist locally who was an angel in disguise.

So three years later I have a new sound, almost like a pop, electrical notice every few mins, not continuous which I've had now two weeks. For week 1 I was a mess, week two I'm coping but also concerned I'm stuck with the intermittent noise.

I can't see my audiologist until mid June and I away on holiday next week. My anti d review is done at the doctors and I'll trying to be positive and believe this is a blip it will go, but also thinking is two weeks long time to hear this. Any thoughts people on the flare up?

2. Carm

Carm Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/01/2011
      It can be permanent. Two weeks is not that long I say that. If you keep hearing it 6 months from now then you can consider it permanent.

Try taking NAC, Ginkgo, Magnesium and eat healthy, exercise a lot, sleep much.

Welcome to the forum

3. Bex274

Bex274 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert?
      Hi thanks for the reply, I don't take any form of supplement. To be honest I think it's just getting my head around this new noise, plus maybe not read everything on websites. Permanent is not a good word for me. Let's go for temporary

4. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      The classic expression is: "Nothing is forever."

You've dealt with T for so many years, I think you'll get around this latest intrusion.

Good luck and God bless mate!

Sailboardman