On a New Year Night Out

Discussion in 'Support' started by glynis, Jan 2, 2017.

1. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      My hubby and myself were in a London pub at it got really loud and some loud thumping music came on.
      I apologised to the people we were talking to and said I'm going have to move as I could feel the pain in my ears and my ears were in danger.

I went over near the door.
      Hubby came over and said that was rude as he was talking to them.
      I said my ears were in danger and music causing ear pain and was not going put my ears through it to total strangers or anyone.
      The rest of the night went great.
      Trust your judgement and hubby said I did the right thing and did not realise I needed move pronto...... lots of love glynis

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Andrea Lopez
      Worried

Andrea Lopez Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection?
      Hello Glynis, I'm glad you walked out. I recently had to do the same thing at a sushi resteraunt where I was having dinner with my boyfriend. The music was waaaaaay too loud and I had to excuse myself for awhile as well. We can never be too safe when it comes to protecting our ears :) I hope you're having a wonderul day so far.
      -Andrea

3. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      I saw there has been talk of restaurants getting noise ratings...this us to aid conversation, believe it should happen as a matter of health and safety...

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Do you have H Glynis?I've had to do that many a time in the past,people always thought I was being rude by getting up and leaving the table without explaining why.

Like the time I went bowling,the place wasn't loud but my mates would hop the bowling ball against the ground instead of rolling it like you should.

Everytime they did it my ear would react to it,heavily uncomfortable would be the way to describe it but I stayed for one game before walking outside and sitting there for the night.Everyone thought I was just be unsociable but the truth was I didn't want to push my luck.

It's hard for people to understand this condition.

5. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      Ears first, hubbies after ;) Doesn't he know our problem enough ? He shouldn't even be surprised you moved. Mine knows well and after two years has a noise - radar in mind, almost as big as mine. Or when he goes somewhere alone ( cause I simply stopped going with him to loud places ) the first thing he says about the place is how loud it was and if would be too much for me . In 99 % of cases he says '' you were right, it was loud , you wouldn't stand it, even for me it was loud.'' Fortunately in France loud music in restaurants is rare and I don't go to pubs.

• Agree Agree x 1