One Year 8 Months Update

Discussion in 'Support' started by volsung37, Sep 5, 2017.

1. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      I had pulsatile tinnitus for about 8 months from Oct 2014. This went away by itself without anything I can point to helping it except maybe going on holiday and living life as if I hadn't got it.
      My second bout of tinnitus started in Feb 2016 and was the tonal sort. I developed multitones in my left ear and a low humming sound in my right ear. This continues to this day.

However I can now sleep like a log and usually pay no attention to the sounds which I think are as loud as ever but do seem to subside on holidays and in periods of less stress.

Avoiding stress is very helpful but hard to do in our modern world. I recommend taking serious time out to go on retreats or just on holiday. I found places beside the sea or beside waterfalls an absolute godsend. Natural masking is much better than the artificial kind IMHO.

Last month I flew again for the first time in 2 years. I thought I would never do this again as i believe a lot of my T problems stem from having had punctured eardrums. I was pleasantly surprised that although I did get sore ears due to pressure fluctuations the T wasn't noticeably made any worse.

So from being suicidal a year ago I now find myself almost back to my old self.

Things can change for the worse anytime but there is always hope. Fake it till you make it!

• Like Like x 6
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. Kolisar
      No Mood

Kolisar Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      birth?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi @volsung37, That is great news! Thank you for sharing your success! I am very happy for you that you have gone from suicidal to almost back to your old self. Your story will help many people and show them that there is hope.

Thank you again for sharing your success.

• Like Like x 1