Only Two Months In But I Went from Despair to Happiness

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by dv6880, Jul 23, 2016.

1. dv6880

dv6880 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Have had tinnitus for about 2 months. Don't know the exact reason but I suspect it's from listening to loud music on headphones for years.

Anyway I've always been a optimistic person who loves life but the first 6 weeks of tinnitus were as dark as I've ever been. I was obsessing over it. Every second was either apprehension about a spike or googling about it. Everything that came up was dark and depressing which dragged me into a bigger hole.

Then one day I decided I don't like living this way I don't like being miserable and I'm in complete control of how I feel mentally not t.

I am not 100% yet by any stretch. This is still kinda new to me and I'm still trying to cope with everything but I'm getting closer and I know in the coming weeks I know I'll start enjoying life as much as I did prior to t.

In fact in a way it's made me appreciate life even more. I'm now even more appreciative of my friends and family and realize how precious life is. Just the fact that I have people in my life who love me was a comforting feeling and keeps me going. When I was down I'd mention it to friends and family and they would comfort me. Some would crack jokes and that made me realize I'm gonna be alright.

For me I also feel it's important to put things in perspective. just seeing people severely ill. Seeing sick children suffering etc kills me to see but makes me realize how minuscule this is in comparison.

Is it annoying at times? Oh yeah but so what I have to deal with some irritating noises but that doesn't stop me from doing what I want to do or being with people I love. Things could be much worse. I've even learned to kinda get a kick out of the noises lol

As I said not all the way back yet but I'm getting there and this is not gonna stop me from enjoying life and enjoying the people I love. In the end we control our own happiness and mental state a condition doesn't.

• Winner Winner x 4
      • Like Like x 3
    2. Dominic1955
      Artistic

Dominic1955 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic hearing loss
      Lucky !!
      Enjoy!
      I am in 4 months and still in that dark place

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. barbb

barbb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've had T and H since Feb...sucks.....I don't let it stop me from anything!

4. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @dv6880 .hi. Good for you. This gives some hope for the many who are suffering from this horrible condition.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      dv6880

dv6880 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I've not yet habituated to the point I don't hear it.. I hear it a lot sometimes it's loud sometimes it's not.

What's changed is I'm not afraid of the noise anymore because I know it can't hurt me

The noise was never the worst part it was always the anxiety and anxiousness of what the noise was gonna be like or when it was gonna come again. The knot in my stomach was all day and made me feel nervous.

Once I told myself I don't care about the noise and that I can still do what I want in life that anxiety went away and the knot in my stomach went away.

I even get amused by the noise once in awhile. Don't fear it!!

• Like Like x 1
    6. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      I'm impressed you've been able to do that in 6 short weeks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      dv6880

dv6880 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Still get down and frustrated at times but life is too precious too let a sound ruin me

• Like Like x 1
    8. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      How's your sleep?

9. Dominic1955
      Artistic

Dominic1955 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic hearing loss
      @dv6880 guess what I had 3 GOOD days after 4 months of hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      If it keeps up I will be writing my own success story!!!
      SSHL with super loud T improving, yes!!!!
      Will write up if it continues to improve, I feel alive again

• Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      dv6880

dv6880 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Not bad though there's times its loud so I might need a sleeping pill.

Funny thing I always needed noise to sleep anyway. Always had a fan on even in the winter

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      dv6880

dv6880 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Congrats bro! And even if a little noise comes back don't let it get you down. It's simply noise it can't hurt you

Anytime you get a little down just write down all the things/people you love about life. It will override this one perceived negative

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1