Other Conditions Sometimes Make It Hard for Me to "Habituate" to Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, Jun 28, 2020.

1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I found out earlier this year I have dysautonomia and then more recent I found out I have a Vitamin D deficiency, high cholesterol, and low testosterone. I wonder if I have any other problems that make it harder to habituate. I feel like there is either a nervous system thing or hormonal issue that makes it easier to deal with tinnitus some days rather than others and I know quite a few people that have tinnitus that aren't bothered by it and go on living normal lives.

Has anyone tried testosterone replacement treatment and if so, did it help you feel better about tinnitus?

Unfortunately, I don't know why I have low testosterone. I would like to figure out if something else is causing the low testosterone before being injected with testosterone (if you have any ideas or things I could try please let me know), but I'm not sure what I am going to do. I just know that I am dealing with other problems besides tinnitus and I had been "habituating" to it fairly well and then I started getting all messed up again and the tinnitus began to bother me, yet it is at the same volume.

2. ASilverLight
      In pain

ASilverLight Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably noise, stress and a neck injury.
      Pretty sure my hormone levels are off due to some other health conditions I've been dealing with for months. I do believe that certain aspects of tinnitus, or having other conditions, makes tinnitus much harder to deal with and habituate to.

I often wonder how much my ADHD and related sensory issues play part in my struggle.