Overstimulation

Discussion in 'Support' started by Marie79, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Do you guys just get annoyed by the overstimulation? Yes we shouldn't sit in silence but sometimes I just feel like a wound up toy with all this background noise and stimulation. It just gets old sometimes.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Jason C

Jason C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Burgler Alarm
      The distortion in sounds gets old for me. I just wish I could relax and listen too some of my fav tracks without all this speaker sounding like it's full of treacle distortion.

That and waking up to the buzzing pinging and ringing (here we go again)

3. MountainCreek

MountainCreek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car Radio
      Doctors know nothing about tinnitus. So why listen to them? I suggest listen to yourself instead.

4. raymundo2245

raymundo2245 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      Yes, i get that sometimes, but just drink a glass of wine and relax a bit, learn to listen to your T without bothering you, then you can have a bit of peace, i done it and it works, but i feel you!....are you from Texas?

5. Samantha R

Samantha R Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Marie79
      Yes, I know what you mean and feel like that as well.... I get my kids to bed and sit down to relax but I've got to have sound on as I cannot relax with the tinnitus hissing away.
      I use relaxing sounds to mask at night, running water is a nice one as is rain and thunder. I try to stay away from white noise as I find the sound very harsh.

6. Mentos

Mentos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, loud rock concert
      Sure I'm fed up with this nature sounds 24/7, but what other options do we have at this point? I'm more annoyed by my T than by nature sounds so I keep playing them. I use relaxmelodies app it has dozens of options so in order not to get bored with one sound being played all day long I change during the day between different types of rain, crickets, waterfalls, ocean, pink noise, radio. That's it and day is over. Next day same story till the end of my life. Hooray!!!

• Hug Hug x 1