Overwhelmed

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Nice, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Nice
      Gloomy

Nice Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden hearing loss
      Hi, I'm Monica. Two weeks ago the ringing started. I had a hearing test and I have loss in my right ear. I just took my last prednisone pill. There is no change . Tomorrow I'm most likely going to have my ear drum injected. I'm not sure what to expect but I'm feeling very hopeless.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nice
      Gloomy

Nice Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden hearing loss
      Sudden hearing loss and possibly infection but the prednisone hasn't made a difference .

3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
    4. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nice
      Gloomy

Nice Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden hearing loss
      I'm working on acceptance and patience. Life!

6. dpdx
      Disappointed

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yup I think it was actually going away but the caloric test and vemp made me have mild-mod hearing loss, so I have very loud tinnitus and severe hyperacusis. I am absolutely certain that it will not go away. I just feel it. Now notice that has been January 15 when that happened, fire alarm Jan 17, during this time I got severe tinnitus and then Jan 29 I developed severe h on the right ear, the ear tested most, vemp test was done using electrodes, loud as hell, 120 db :( well anyways. Februrary, March, April, May, and now June will pass and I have seen absolutely 0 improvement. September will mark one year for me with this bullshit. it is interesting because when I got tinnitus in September of 2017 it was loud for 2 weeks then it lowered to mild and then very mild, however I still couldn't go to resturants, cafes, mall, etc because it would go to severe.

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nice
      Gloomy

Nice Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden hearing loss
      What's a caloric test and vemp?

8. dpdx
      Disappointed

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Caloric test Is pretty much ear syrnging. They squirt water into your eardrum to make you dizzy, if you are dizzy then your vestibular system works fine.
      Vemp is a test where they put electrodes on your face and cochlea and exert a sound of 120db, it also stimulates the vestibular system which controls your balance, get this your ear controls your balance.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nice
      Gloomy

Nice Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden hearing loss
      Good to know. Thanks. I'm learning something new everyday .

10. dpdx
      Disappointed

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Your T will start reducing soon, please dont do ear tests or you will make it worse. I made my 10X worse..initially I had Severe T back in September for 2 weeks which dropped to moderate then mild then to very mild, you can see that it was going away. My ENT refused to believe I had an acoustic trauma and insisted I do every ear test possible to rule out stupid conditions, anyways long story short after that caloric test and vemp it got terrible, then a fire alarm happened two days and bam.
      I dont know whether my Severe H on R ear is due to TMJ or because that ear was tested the most during the tests. On this ear was the Vemp preformed twice...but had to quit it both times because of too much water in the ear.
      my Severe hyperacusis is bad, I cant talk as it causes discomfort, and other peoples voices also, objects clanking, etc.

My Tinnitus can be heard over everything just not shower or heavy traffic. I can hear it over a running facuet turned on full blast.

• Hug Hug x 2