Painful Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by CrystalB, Mar 29, 2018.

1. CrystalB

CrystalB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I’ve had tinnitus for 5 months going on 6. I’ve noticed that sometimes my ears hurt when my tinnitus interferes with sounds, or it gets so high pitch it hurts my ears, I don’t know how it isn’t doing any damage to my ears. I’ll be laying in bed and it’s so loud and high pitch it just hurts.

I hope it doesn’t get to the point to where I can’t stand to listen to sounds or anything like that it scares me.

The first few months have been so hard even took a month off of work but now I’m back at work still trying to make it.

My tinnitus isn’t caused by a loud sound or anything like that it just happened one morning. Does anyone else’s tinnitus do that?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Maybe pressure pain in your ears...love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CrystalB

CrystalB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have thought the same thing! My primary doctor seems to think allergies. I don’t know what the part that played in my tinnitus, I know this is what happened.
      I had my first eye migraine (Flashing lights, no headache in my vision) during the time I had the eye migraine I didn’t know what was happening to me so I panicked, I screamed as loud as I could, my anxiety was awful because I didn’t know what was happening. When the eye migraine stopped after about 30 miniutes or so I calmed down and was fine.
      The next day I had no tinnitus, I went to work as normal and ended up setting in a car with a friend that was smoking cigarettes, windows were only cracked, I was in the car for over 15 min. My allergies started on me bad after that since I’m very allergic to smoke.
      The morning after that I woke up with tinnitus.
      I guess I am trying to figure out what caused it, by the activities that had went on before the tinnitus started.
      Could stress from the eye migraine triggered it?
      Could have the smoke from the car cause a bad allergy affect in my ears as of inflammation or something?
      It’s hard to say, I just wish I knew the answer.
      It wouldn’t change what happened, but it would give me a explanation as of why I have this tinnitus.