Painful Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by CrystalB, Jul 5, 2018.

1. CrystalB

CrystalB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Can ETD cause super loud tinnitus for 8 months?

I know it can cause fullness, my ears most of the time are full but it seems like when my ears open up my tinnitus gets louder, which is strange.

I had a hearing test back in December and my ENT told me I had pressure and diagnosed me with ETD.

My tinnitus just happened one morning, if it was ETD how does that happen out of no where?

I know I have allergies, I was around cigarette smoke for about 15 min the day before, and it smothered me out, could that had caused it?

2. Jiri
      No Mood

Jiri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise + injury
      Not too sure about ETD, but if you put your body under too much stress for prolonged periods of time then it doesn't take much for a disaster to happen. Are you sure you weren't exposed to any loud noise prior to your t. onset?

It could be a head or neck injury too. Plus allergies. It's all guessing. Try to trace back everything that had happened prior to you getting tinnitus - working in a noisy environment e.g. Noise damage is cumulative (unfortunately).

Probably not. What did your ENT have to say about it?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CrystalB

CrystalB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I haven’t injured my head or anything, I have been trying to figure out what I had all done before my tinnitus started. 2 days before my tinnitus started I had a ocular migraine which caused me to panic and I screamed as loud as I could for a split few seconds. The next day after my ocular migraine I was around that cigarette smoke. The day after the cigarette smoke I got tinnitus that morning.
      Sounds can hurt my ears for some reason even me typing on my phone can hurt them.
      My ears pop and crack all the time and when I move my jaw forward my tinnitus gets louder.
      I’m not around loud noises or anything like that.

4. Jiri
      No Mood

Jiri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise + injury
      @CrystalB So there could be a connection between your ocular migraine, panic and you screaming as loud as you possibly could. Your auditory system may have then gone haywire. For some people it may take some time for tinnitus to develop. You could have had a mild tinnitus before that you weren't even aware of, and this all just added further damage. As for that cigarette smoke, no idea. Stress, heighten anxiety, allergies those are all possible offenders too.
      That could be hyperacusis and tonic tensor tympani syndrome (TTTS) . If you can modulate your tinnitus like that then it is likely you have a somatic type of tinnitus too.

I'm no expert. It's all just me making guesses based on what you said here. I hope things will improve for you with time.

• Like Like x 1