Peace and Quiet for Most of the Day

Discussion in 'Support' started by Keith D Mitchell, Dec 8, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Keith D Mitchell
      Worried

Keith D Mitchell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No Idea
      And I hate it. I had a little spike earlier today and that was it. It's been mostly quiet, though I can't say if it's gotten better of if I'm starting to habituate. Either way I hate it as I know it's waiting around the corner to ambush me.

"T" be a cruel joke.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Jimmie
      Alone

Jimmie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      Try and enjoy the more quite days. Accept that some bad days will be there. I feel its easier to enjoy the good days then.
      Otherwise you just worry "maybe tomorrow it will be bad so why enjoy this day"

3. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Great to hear your having some good days and make the most of them and have a ace up your sleeve for not so good days.
      I like downloading a new CD when im letting my tinnitus get the better of me but then I know its time to push hard with everything and know makes me happy and that works for me with my trusty hearing aids I know I won't let tinnitus beat me as its here to stay .
      Try not let your tinnitus take your smile and laughter away...lots of love glynis

4. Natalie Roberts
      Depressed

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      I feel the same way. Days where my T is really quiet and super managable I actually have anxiety about when will it come back! Anxiety if its there, anxiety if its gone. This is such a cruel thing to suffer with. :( I have 1-2 good days followed by a loud day or two, followed by a few good days. It's been my cycle for two weeks now. I try to tell myself this must mean I'm improving or that I'm super lucky I actually have quiet days and not constant T but it's exhausting either way. Hang in there.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. eric peterson
      Sporty

eric peterson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 10/2003 Increase: 4/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      who knows? who cares?
      2 months in, and you're already having good days. I wouldn't have said that 2 months in. So you are improving. keep up the positive thinking/mindset. it goes a long way.

good luck,

eric

6. Natalie Roberts
      Depressed

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      Thank you. I feel like I must be improving as I have read so many posts where it has taken people a lot longer to get to this point. I feel grateful for the fact that I do have good days and am improving or at least better able to tolerate it most days. :) Today has been a little rough so far and I am feeling down and wondering why this had to happen to me but am trying to kick that and get on with my day..