Perampanel

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Danny Boy, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      I can not help thinking about you @RaZaH since we got out T the same way. I have read every comment of yours since the day I come to this site. I know you tried Trobalt but we got our Ts because of glutamate storm. So did you ever try this stuff? I will consider to take it after trying some Korean Red Ginseng. It is also listed as efficient in excitotoxicity and there has been a study in which people reduced their tinnitus.

2. Kyxwz
      No Mood

Kyxwz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      x
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      x
      I will try Perampanel for a period of 28 days, I will start tonight 3/6/2016:

3 days under 2mg cp
      7 days under 4 mg cp
      7 days under 8 mg cp
      8 days under 4 mg cp
      3 days under 2 mg cp

STOP & conclusions

Tinnitus since 17 feb 2016
      Cause: Acoustic Trauma for Left ear
      Parameters:
      Hearing loss for left ear: until 6000hz - 15/20db; 7000hz - 40db; 8000hz - 35/40db; 9000hz - 25/30db; 10000hz 15/20db; tinnitus: hissing sound on the left with a low (in volume) electric sound into; and a central sound like an old radio.
      Hearing loss for right ear: no earing loss; no tinnitus

3. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Why in the world would you try this drug?
      There is absolutely nothing to suggest that it is effective for tinnitus.
      The only person in this thread who tried it (@Albertus) did not experience anything but drowsiness.

4. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Sorry to here that since Albertus and I got our Ts the same way. Ototoxic drugs.. I just want to try anything written here before touching Trobalt. I already have some eye floaters but they are so mild that they do not bother me. I'm afraid I may make them worse.

5. Kyxwz
      No Mood

Kyxwz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      x
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      x
      Because he try it just for a little time under 2mg (that is a placebo for the studies on perampanel). This drug don't have a lot of side effects and work in a new way: is the first for its category.

"acts as a selective non-competitive antagonist of AMPA receptors, the major subtype of ionotropic glutamate receptors.[2][3]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMPA_receptor

I will give it a try and after i will try trobalt for few days. After Trobalt i will try Gabapentin. After Gabapentin i will take anti deprassant (for my anxiety and depression caused by this hell), probably ssri and sound teraphy with a masking device. After that i try to live my life again and hope for future solution.

PS: i hope that perampanel work, but if not ok... where is the problem? I am just the first that want try it for Tinnitus on a right dosage. If don't work... I'm very sorry. But what else should I do? The rest is already known: it does not work.

With this approach only Clonazepam and Retigabine should be rest in "treatments" option. Clonazepam it's not a real cure and have the benzo's problems. Retigabine it's very dangerous. So?

6. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      @Kyxwz you are not quite right about this drug not having serious side effects.
      It's not RTG-level dangerous, but it hasn't been on the market long enough to make an informed decision about trying it.
      But whatever you do, be careful and good luck.

7. Kyxwz
      No Mood

Kyxwz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      x
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      x
      I know but i don't know what to do: i am in the phase... try everything until your T it's definitely chronic (3 to 6 months); and take this like a sort of test for all of you (ok, we are all different in causes, symptoms, sounds etc... but something similar i think that there is).
      Other drugs to quiet Tinnitus?

Trimetazidine? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2241001
      Cyclobenzaprine? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclobenzaprine

8. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      I know what you're going through, I've been there (and still am, sort of).
      Trimetazidine (Vastarel) is supposed to increase blood flow to the hair cells. I've tried it, didn't have any benefit (in retrospect, I'm thinking that if some hair cells are dead, what's the point of feeding them more blood?).
      Cyclobenzaprine is actually a mild benzodiazepine, you might get some benefit out of it.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    9. Kyxwz
      No Mood

Kyxwz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      x
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      x
      Ok thank you; probably i will give a try to Cyclobenzaprine.
      for now I try this tests with perampanel (expensive ... maybe senseless ... but it is as if someone said to me: you have to do it!). After this... Trobalt. But I will not use it for a long time. The hope, of course, is to have an improvement that lasts. But i am scary. Latest reports of GSK speak about maculopathy for Trobalt users... My hope is that it could work like an aspirin on Tinnitus. Some users report this also with flupirtine (out of market for july 2016).

• Like Like x 1
    10. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      This is not true it is classified as a skeletal muscle relaxent and is more relatated to tricyclic and tetracyclic ADs.
      It has shown some benifit in high dosages (I believe 10 mg TID) but in the study the cases showed benifit were unilateral T cases.

11. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      I stand corrected (y)
      However, here is a quote from someone on another rather shady forum, take it as it is...
      I would say that cyclobenzaprine is definitely more of a tricyclic, but it definitely has some affinity for the GABA receptors.

12. Kyxwz
      No Mood

Kyxwz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      x
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      x
      Four days on Perampanel.
      Two day on 2mg
      Two days on 4mg

No change in Tinnitus (or a little worsening. Who know...)
      Side effects: mild dizzines, low drowsiness, low tiredness;

Peraphs i will stop this drug for a while to try Trobalt. After that... anti depressant, Gabapentin and TRT.
      In future i will give a 2nd chance to Perampanel 8mg but for know i am not in a great condition to try this for days and got a little worsening. But something change in T, this for sure. It's seems more reactive (or it's just my mind).

Perampanel seems to work like a mood stabilizer. No great anxiety under that drug.

Today i have take 15 drops of clonazepam after hear my reactive T. Clonazepam for now it's the only thing that quiet my T. I hope that Trobalt could work better than clonazepam.

13. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Wait what? 15 drops of clonazepam for a day?! What mg are you on?