Phosphatidylcholine Is Working for Me

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by sonicboom2000, Oct 28, 2015.

1. sonicboom2000
      Sad

sonicboom2000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I've been trying a number of supplements for over a year trying to help with my Tinnitus and nothing has seemed to work until I happened upon Phosphatidylcholine. It seems to have really made my Tinnitus go from about a 7 to a 2 after only a few weeks of taking it.

Has anyone ever tried this supplement, I got no search results? Here is a description of the drug.

Phosphatidylcholine (PtC) is a flexible phospholipid that serves as a major component of the cell membrane. PtC is found in higher concentrations in younger people, particularly in brain tissue, and, as an important part of the normal aging process, the amount of PtC in the cell membrane decreases. By taking supplemental PtC, you can reverse the age-related decline of PtC in your cell membranes and keep it at a youthful level.

Studies have found that PtC can aid memory and learning. PtC may also help promote normal skin elasticity and support healthy liver function. PtC has been used along with Apo A/1 Milano to assist in maintaining normal arterial cholesterol levels.

--
      Available from many stores:
      http://www.amazon.com/Phosphatidylcholine-420-mg-200-Sgels/dp/B00068UANS/
      http://www.amazon.com/Source-Naturals-Phosphatidyl-Choline-Softgels/dp/B00020I7VC/
      http://www.amazon.com/Country-Life-Phosphatidyl-Choline-200-Softgels/dp/B000168GEK/
      http://www.rayandterry.com/phoschol.html

• Like Like x 5
      • Informative Informative x 3
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. Beowulf Agat
      Creative

Beowulf Agat Member

Tinnitus Since:
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sonicboom2000
      Sad

sonicboom2000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      No I have not. From my understanding Phosphatidylcholine occurs in the body naturally, but becomes less and less as one ages. I'm only 31 so not sure why my level would be low to begin with, but it seems to be helping.

4. Blujay

Blujay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1900
      What brand are you taking, and what dosage?

5. Blujay

Blujay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1900
      Do you know the cause of your tinnitus?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sonicboom2000
      Sad

sonicboom2000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Ray and Terry's. I take two capsules. http://www.rayandterry.com/phoschol.html

Yes, an antidepressant Cymbalta left me with permanent tinnitus even after I stopped taking it over 3 years ago and nothing has seemed to help until this.

7. Blujay

Blujay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1900
      A Clinician's Pearls & Myths in Rheumatology

John H. Stone - 2009 - ‎Medical

...phosphatidylcholine, a cell membrane component that is integral to hair cell survival.

• Creative Creative x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sonicboom2000
      Sad

sonicboom2000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Interesting. I take it because I follow this technologist/inventor Ray Kurzweil who is famous for predicting the future. Anyway he is famous for taking 200 supplement pills a day in an effort to live longer and reach the singularity. That's neither here nor there but in his book he recommended that the 3 most important supplements to take were Vitamin D, C0Q10 and Phosphatidylcholine. I never heard of Phosphatidylcholine before so I looked it up and decided to try it.

I'm curious if anyone on these forums have tried it before. It's a pretty inexpensive supplement, just maybe not a common one people think of.

9. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Isn't alpha gpc more effective than regular choline?

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sonicboom2000
      Sad

sonicboom2000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Not sure, what I take contains this. I take 1 pill, twice a day with food.

Soy Lecithin 420 mg
      Linoleic Acid 384 mg
      Phosphatidylcholine 420 mg*
      Linolenic Acid 48 mg
      Phosphatidylinositol 15mg

• Like Like x 2
    11. Blujay

Blujay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1900
      What other supplements do you take?

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sonicboom2000
      Sad

sonicboom2000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Vitamin D, B complex, Biotin, Multi, Calcium Magnesium, and Phosphatidylcholine. But I recently added the Phosphatidylcholine and that seems to do the trick. I've taken Multi, Vitamin D (take for low vit d, I live in MA so most need it here), and Biotin (take for thinning hair) for years with no impact on my Tinnitus.

• Like Like x 3
    13. noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      West End show. Came back 2015 vitamin D overdose prescribed
      Do you know if it is found in any foods?

• Genius Genius x 1
    14. RicoS
      Alienated

RicoS Member Benefactor

Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress or Acoustic trauma
      http://www.dcddiscs.com/a-digestive-tinnitus-cure/

Tinnitus, also known as ringing in the ears, has troubled many individuals throughout the country. However, it turns out one of the best remedies for tinnitus is actually dietary changes. In fact, many people have had more success diet than anything else that changes in diet are being hailed the best tinnitus cure. There are a variety of dietary changes that individuals and even researchers have shown can reduce tinnitus symptoms and even cure tinnitus.

The most effective things so far have been phosphatidylcholine, phosphatidyl serine, and fish oil. These are all very rich sources of fatty acids that are used in the construction of cellular membranes. This makes communications between nerves more efficient and allows receptors to work more efficiently.

The theory is that tinnitus may be caused or amplified by misfiring nerve circuits or misreadings amongst those nerve circuits. By adding in these fatty acids to the diet, nerve function can improve and reduce the symptoms of tinnitus.

However, supplements are not only digestive aid for tinnitus. Following an anti-inflammatory, no-grain diet as we recommend may also improve tinnitus symptoms by reducing inflammation and improve blood profiles. Pulsatile tinnitus, a common variation of tinnitus, has a strong link with blood pressure. It is only natural that a no-grain diet rich in fruits, vegetables, omega 3 fatty acids and other anti-inflammatories and blood pressure savers could reduce the tinnitus. Try out these digestive tips today for your tinnitus!

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. _Patrick_
      Wishful

_Patrick_ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      I almost jumped the gun on that one before I realized this is nothing more than what you find in egg yolks, and I've been eating at least 4 a day of them for years... Probably won't do me anything....

16. Champ
      Woot

Champ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma from headphones
      Hah, yah I've been eating 3-4 eggs a day for about 3 years, coinciding back to when I intially got tinnitus.

Oh well lol

17. Everyloop

Everyloop Member

I've gotten choline before but never phosphatidylcholine.

18. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      My integrative dr put me onto using this. She has had some success with using it iv for the treatment of neurodegenerative conditions.

19. Albertus
      Killer

Albertus Member

My T was caused how side effect of paxil, I will try this suplement for the next 3 weeks, report results soon.

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sonicboom2000
      Sad

sonicboom2000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Yes please report back. I take it twice a day as I have the best results that way. At first you may notice sometimes when your tinnitus sounds a lot less, but that other times it can be higher. that's how it was for me first few weeks of using it. but doing it twice a day seems to help keep it low much of the day.

21. brotherdday

brotherdday Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/12/2015
      Definitely going to follow this thread and see if anyone else gets good results. I am going to try acupuncture starting Friday and want to evaluate each thing I try on its own. My ENT suggested the acupuncture since it has helped a couple of his patients. But sonicboom2000 really glad you found something that works for you!!! And thank you for sharing!

22. Albertus
      Killer

Albertus Member

Then if you stop take this complement your T come back to baseline? A permanent improve could be awesome!!

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sonicboom2000
      Sad

sonicboom2000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Not sure I havn't stopped yet, it's only been a month so we shall see. It's a pretty inexpensive supplement and it has a lot of other health benefits so I'll probably just keep taking it anyway.

It really sucks that you got Tinnitus from an antidepressant like me. I'm bipolar and I have really bad depression so I have to be careful what I take because of Tinnitus. All of the SSRI's and SNRI's cause Tinnitus in some people so I avoid all of those now. But there are some newer antidepressants that don't like Remeron, Brintellex, and Viibryd. Are you still on an Antidepressant?

• Hug Hug x 1
    24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sonicboom2000
      Sad

sonicboom2000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Thank you, I hope that helps for you. I've tried so much. I even convinced my ENT to prescribe me Potiga (trobalt) a few months ago, but I couldn't get it filled since insurance refused to cover it and it was really expensive. But I was ready to try anything.

25. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Hey Dafodeu,

Just in case youre interested re your bipolar.

I work at a major teaching hospital in Geelong (barwon health) and they are currently conducting a trial of n acetylcysteine for the treatment of bipolar. don't know if you have ever heard of this but just thought it might help you. Nac helps some with t also so cant hurt to try.

26. Albertus
      Killer

Albertus Member

No, i took antidepressants only 13 days and i developed ringging in my ears. I left this stuf inmeditly but one year later still have T.

27. monacco

monacco Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      anknown
      why did you take antidepressants ?
      may be antidepressants didn't cause your T

28. Albertus
      Killer

Albertus Member

Never before had any problem with my ears, and ringging, buzzing & hissing in ears is a declarated side effect of paxil. No doubt.

29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sonicboom2000
      Sad

sonicboom2000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      To bad I'm in the United States because that would be great.

30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sonicboom2000
      Sad

sonicboom2000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Same for me. How old are you? Antidepressants definitely cause Tinnitus, look at the clinical trials all antidepressants which are snri's or ssri's can cause Tinnitus, some of them cause it in as high as 7% of people taken the drug. For most people this side effect goes away after discontinuation, but for some like us it is permanent. I really hope you find some relief with Phosphatidylcholine. What brand did you buy? I'm curious about the amount you are taken.