Physiology of the Brain

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Greg Sacramento, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      In this link the basic physiology of the Brain is discussed. From that and more I have been experiencing and playing around. I found that if I sit in a warm bath after cooling down the back of my neck first that my tinnitus slightly drops. A little more so than just a warm bath. If I cool down the back of my neck and then have my wife gently rub oil in into my lower spine while lying down, my tinnitus has a temporary noticeable drop. A little more so by cooling the neck first than just by getting my lower spine rubbed.

I also wonder in regards to tinnitus within this link Facts about the Brain (to the left side) for those who learn two languages at an early age. Key thought: gray matter

http://www.physiologyinfo.org/Homepage/Hot-Topics/Brain-Physiology/OSA-Function-and-Exercise.html

• Like Like x 2
    2. Mikael

Mikael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have no idea
      I have found that, when I tilt my head to the right, tinnitus gets worse, and when I tilt my head to left, it gets even worse. I Was brought up as bilingual, even though I Have almost forgotten the other one.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      It could relate to a few different things, but tight neck and shoulders muscles causing nerves to constrict could cause that. Jaw problems as well. An upper spine therapist may be able to show you some exercises.

4. Gl0w0ut
      Inactive

Gl0w0ut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Those who are bilingual likely have larger grey matter concentrations because the left temporal lobe houses the Broca's Area and Wrenickle's Area, which are responsible for producing and understanding speech. It likely doesn't have much to do with tinnitus, although interestingly, from the research I've read, the left auditory cortex and left ear seem to be the place of their tinnitus' origin.

• Informative Informative x 2